[Nfbv-announce] Special Veterans programming on Friday (11/11) at the NFB of Virginia Convention

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 03:07:31 UTC 2016

>From Mary Durban, Corresponding Secretary, NFB of Virginia

Attention all Veterans

The National Federation of the Blind of Virginia's State Convention will be
held Friday, November 11 - Sunday, November 13.  On Friday, we are starting
our convention by honoring our Veterans and we are asking you to come out
and celebrate with us.

At 10:00 AM, we will have a color guard from Oceana Naval Air Station and
would like all Veterans and Blinded Veterans to join them.

At 10:15 AM,  we invite each of you to come up to the front and say your
name, branch of military, and when you served.

To participate in the color guard and/or the Honoring Your Service event, we
ask you to find Mary at the back of the Rappahannock Room

between 9:30 and 10:00 AM.

Later that day from 1:00 - 1:45-- we would like to invite all the Blinded
Vets to the York Room to  join forces with the NFB of Virginia  so we can
discuss how we can work together.   Remember numbers matter.  Together we
can accomplish more.  Come join our National Federation of the Blind's First
Vice President and learn how we can join forces.

So please join us and give us the opportunity to thank you for your service
and let us show you how we can work together.

Wyndham Hotel

5700 Atlantic Avenue

Virginia Beach, VA  23451