[Nfbv-announce] Upcoming Events for the Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 03:25:54 UTC 2017

*Upcoming Events for the Chesapeake Bay Chapter*

*Saturday, April 15th*

Deadline for McDonald Fellowship applications; please encourage all new
members and those that have not been to a National Convention to apply.  If
they have any questions, please have them call me.

*Saturday, April 22nd*

ChesBay meeting.  We meet from 11 am to 1 pm.  At the Virginian Steak
House, 620 First Colonial Road in Virginia Beach.  We always meet on the
4th Saturday of the month.  We would love any of you to come join us.

*Saturday, April 29th*

 Lions event that our Lions club and NFB group work on.  It is a fundraiser
to help fund different projects for the blind such as the bus for the
annual Burkeville Lodge trip for the Hampton Alumni, Portsmouth’s Park and
Rec Center’s Arts and Crafts for the blind, etc.   We will be having a 1
mile poker walk and a corn hole tournament; they each cost $10 to
participate.  There will be food and entertainment as well.

*Saturday, April 29th*

The Lions will also be having an audible egg hunt for kids who are blind
and their siblings.  The kids can hear the beeping eggs, find them, and
turn them in for candy filled eggs.   Adults can do this after the kids are
done.  There will also be arts and crafts for the kids to do as well.

*Friday, May 5th*

Cinco de Mayo night.  We will be selling Mexican food, desserts, and drinks
for $10.  Come out and enjoy the fun.  I will be sending a flyer out later
with more details.  This will be held at the Endependence Center, 6300
Virginia Beach Blvd., Norfolk, VA.

*Monday, May 29th*

Our meeting date in May.  Hope to see you.

Mary Durbin

757-431-1205 (home)

757-472-2495 (cell)

757-962-3913 (fax)