[Nfbv-announce] Fwd: Volunteers needed for Independence Market at 2017 National Convention

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 03:55:39 UTC 2017

Are you attending the Convention in Orlando this summer?

Our convention works and we can charge the super low convention rates
because volunteers just like you help out. If you have been going to
convention for years or it is your first convention, volunteering at the
Independence Market is both fun and a great way to meet members from around
the country.

You are needed to volunteer some of your time working in the NFB
Independence Market.  Some details are provided from an email received from
Mrs. Patricia Maurer copied below.  You may ask others  in the Affiliate
what is involved.  Please let me know directly if you can spend a few hours
at this important task.  I will need to know when you will arrive and
depart and when you believe you will be available.  Assignments to include
position and hours will be provided after all volunteers are identified.
We appreciate your support.

Thank you,

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595 <(202)%20285-4595>

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

We are beginning to put together the schedules for the Independence Market
demonstrators/helpers, storekeepers/pay station attendants, line marshals,
and cashiers at the NFB 2017 National Convention.

We are anxious to get the assignments out, so please get back to us as soon
as possible. It is contemplated that each demonstrator/helper will work a
four-hour (morning or afternoon) and a two-hour (lunch) shift. This is only
a total of six hours.

As you may be aware, there are other duties to be fulfilled in the market.
The shift times we will assign to line marshals or other positions within
the market will be the same as the ones for demonstrators/helpers and the
storekeepers/pay station attendants. The exception is cashiers. The days
the cashiers work, their shifts will be extended to accommodate the count
out procedure at the end of the shift. We are trying to have more of a
compliment of volunteers in these positions this year, so please look
inside your affiliate and let us know of capable, willing people whom you
would recommend.

Please do what you can to help us to have plenty of workers at the NFB
Independence Market to assist our fellow members. I look forward to working
with each of you on this important project.

Sincerely,

(Mrs.) Patricia A. Maurer

Director of Community Relations

Jernigan Institute

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

200 East Wells Street

*     at Jernigan Place*

Baltimore, Maryland  21230

Phone:  (410) 659-9314, extension 2272 <(410)%20659-9314>

Fax:  (410) 685-2340

E-mail:  communityrelations at nfb.org