[Nfbv-announce] A Reminder to attend virginia Caucus on Tuesday night (at convention) and re-introducing the National Federation of the Blind's Rideshare Testing Program

Jeremy Grandstaff grandstaffjeremy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 17:15:55 UTC 2017

Hello NFBV Federation Family,

A quick reminder that if you are coming to the NFB Convention, attend the
Virginia Caucus meeting Tuesday at 10PM in Weikia 6, where we'll discuss
more about the Uber and LYFT testing program and other important updates for
Virginians.

As some of you may have already heard, the Guidedog Division of NFBV is
excited to be partnering with our national office, Uber, and Lyft to conduct
a number of tests to ensure that these rideshare companies are providing
equal access to all riders with service animals.

In the past, services like Uber and Lyft have discriminated against people
with service animals by not allowing them to enter their cars. In an effort
to combat this practice, 'testers' from across the state who use these
services and have service animals are encouraged to report their experiences
(good and bad) to us so that the problem of ride denial can be address from
both Uber and Lyft.

A big thanks to the eight people who have logged a total of twelve tests
from Vriginia. Nicely done! And, let's keep it up!!!

Please see below for all of the details, share our social media posts and
videos widely to get people engaged, and if you use Uber or Lyft, and have a
service animal, be sure to contact Michael or I to officially sign up as a
tester or just log your tests at www.nfb.org/rideshare

contact Michael Valentino <valentinoma19 at gmail.com> or Jeremy Grandstaff (
<mailto:jwg at sgendeavors.com> jwg at sgendeavors.com) with any questions. Let's
turn out some support Virginians-thanks in advance.

Why: This testing will be a critical tool for measuring Uber and Lyft's
compliance with their NFB settlement agreements and will help NFB fulfill
its agreement obligations. Participants' ongoing feedback will allow NFB to
closely track the rideshare companies' efforts to provide equal access to
riders with service animals. As you know, Uber and Lyft offer easy and
affordable transportation services to the public, and these services should
be fully and equally available to blind riders with service animals.

Where: The NFB's Uber and Lyft testing program will be administered
nationwide, including in Puerto Rico, with specific focus on these targeted
municipalities: Baltimore, Seattle, Dallas-Fort Worth, Boston, New York,
Nashville, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, San
Francisco, Sacramento, and the District of Columbia. This being said, we're
looking to perform tests across the state, so make sure you contact Michael
or Jeremy to become a tester in your area.

Who: This Lyft and Uber testing program is open to all riders with service
animals and any individuals traveling with riders with service animals.
Testers need not be members of the NFB; this is a great way to give
nonmembers a glimpse into what we can do at NFBV to help people live the
lives they want.

What: We need to let people know this is happening by sharing this
information with all on your social media feeds, but specifically, we are
looking for Uber testers across Virginia and some testers in NoVA to help
test Lift. A test will be considered complete once the rider submits his/her
answers to the online testing questionnaire. We are seeking feedback on
positive and negative ride experiences. Be sure to let Michael or Jeremy
know if you can sign up to help test.

When: Testing will begin on May 8 and will last for three years, with the
possibility of a two-year extension if either Uber or Lyft fail to meet the
terms outlined in their settlement agreement with the NFB.

Questions: Please see https://nfb.org/rideshare and
https://nfb.org/rideshare-faq or contact Michael or Jeremy.

Jeremy Grandstaff, Collaboration & Organization Consultant

 <http://www.sgendeavors.com/> S & G Endeavors: Using Collaboration to Help
Clients Create Change and Take Action

614-519-3026 |  <mailto:jwg at sgendeavors.com> jwg at sgendeavors.com

Follow us, learn about our clients, and how we can help you create change:

  <http://www.coffeewithjeremy.tv/> CoffeeWithJeremy.TV |
<http://www.sgendeavors.com/blog> SGE Blog |
<http://www.facebook.com/sgendeavors> SGE Facebook |
<http://www.youtube.com/sgendeavors> SGE Youtube |
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/3239443> SGE LinkedIn

What will 2017 hold for your company or organization? Be sure to contact us
for a consult.

Let s & G help you create the change you want to see!