[Nfbv-announce] Saturday, August 5 NFB of Virginia Board Meeting

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 21:34:19 UTC 2017

Hi Virginia Federationists:
We have planned an exciting August 5 NFB of Virginia Board of Directors
meeting.  The agenda is still in progress so please send me your ideas and
suggestions.

Date: 		Saturday, August 5 from 11:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Location:	 Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired
		Library and Resource Center
		395 Azalea Avenue
		Richmond, Virginia 23227

Highlights:

A) 2017 State Convention Planning - We want your ideas and suggestions for
programming at our 2017 NFB of Virginia State Convention in Tyson's Corner.
If you have ideas for the convention including general session topics, ideas
for seminars and breakout sessions, or other recommendations, we definitely
want to hear from you. We will brainstorm ideas and then make some
decisions. If you cannot attend the board meeting but want to share some
ideas, please feel free to contact Tracy with your suggestions. Our
convention will be better if you contribute to the planning.

B) Update on Programming for Transition Age Students - We will discuss where
we are related to career related programming for high school and college
students.

C) NFB of Virginia Leadership Fellows - We will discuss where we are in the
program and consider future plans including the possibility of a new class
of NFBV Leadership Fellows.
D) National communications and Podcasts - We will discuss accessible
approaches to subscribe and listen to podcasts including the NFB's podcasts.

This is just a subset of the exciting work we will cover at the board
meeting. In addition, we are still working out details for a lunch at the
board meeting. More details to follow.

Summer traffic is often very challenging so please plan to arrive in time to
enable our meeting to start on time. Please bring cash to pay for food and
beverages or bring your own.

All are welcome to attend the Board meeting. Our meeting will be better
because you invested the time to attend and share your ideas.

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia
202 285-4595
Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com