[Nfbv-announce] Virginia Caucus at the 2017 National Convention - Tuesday 7/11 at 10:00 PM

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 17:02:44 UTC 2017

Fellow NFB of Virginia members

As you know, each year the Virginia affiliate holds a caucus at the national
convention. This year we will be meeting on Tuesday evening, July 11 from

10:00 PM to 11:00 PM. The caucus will be held in Wekiwa 6 in the Rosen
Shingle Creek Hotel.

Highlights of the meeting include:

*	Introduction of our McDonald Fellowship & Jernigan Scholarship
Winners: Michael Kitchens, Gerald Meredith, Portia Baskerville, William
Werwie, Brandon Shuttleworth
*	Introduction of our national Scholarship Finalist: Efose Oriaifo
*	Banquet ticket exchange so you can sit with your fellow Virginians
at the banquet
*	Update on the Virginia Table and our product sales
*	Update on BELL and youth programs
*	Update on Uber & Lyft Monitoring program, and
*	Great fellowship with friends from across Virginia and some guests
from across the country.

Please bring your questions and we will be glad to address them. The caucus
will be better because you joined us.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>