[Nfbv-announce] Fwd: Richmond Thanks You

Chris Walker chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 14:22:14 UTC 2017

Greetings Federation Family

As we are another week closer to the Richmond chapter’s exciting Chili
Festival and Cookoff, I wanted to take the time to extend our chapter’s
gratitude to the affiliate members that decided to RSVP for our event. With
this being the pilot event for our chapter’s new board and a new adventure
in event territory for our chapter your participation thus far speaks
volumes. I am proud to report that we have a whopping 55 guests registered
for our chili cookoff and an astounding 13 competitors to see whose chili
is the talk of Richmond. I truly believe that this feat alone could not be
done without the support and love of our affiliate family and it gives us
all even more anxiety in the week-long wait until this event next Saturday.

For all the attendees that sent an RSVP, your names have been recorded and
automatically entered a drawing for multiple door prizes at the event next
week. These awesome donations come from a variety of patrons, all of which
will be recognized at the event. You must be present at the event when your
name is called to collect the door prize, so please make sure you get to
the event on time and stay for most, in not all the event. There will be
different door prizes pulled at different times, so if you don’t hear your
name called the first time, no worries, there still may be a chance.

For those who did not RSVP by the deadline, don’t worry, you are still
welcomed to attend the event. Though you will not be entered for a door
prize, you can still have your fill of chili, music, dessert, good laughs,
and fun. The cover charge for the event is still $5 at the door for you and
there will be enough chili to go around for everyone. If you cannot make
the event but want to donate something, feel free to call Domonique
Lawless, first Vice President, at 615. 904 4225 <(615)%20904-4225>.

The 1st Richmond Chapter Chili Festival and Cookoff is on Saturday, March
25, 2017 at Saint Bridget Catholic Church. The address is 6006 Three Chopt
Rd., Richmond, VA 23226. It will begin promptly at 11am and will end at
3pm. There is a $5 cover charge at the door for all attendees who are not
competing in the cookoff. There will also be a 50/50 raffle so please try
your luck at winning a cash prize in that fashion. I look forward to
connecting with all of you next week and if there are any questions or
concerns on the day of the event or leading up to it, please feel free to
email me at rob.parso3389 at gmail.com or call me at 804 200 3275
<(804)%20200-3275>.

Appreciatively Yours

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV)

Randolph Macon College ‘18

Phone: 804 200 3275 <(804)%20200-3275>

“Without struggle, there is no progress.” -Frederick Douglass