[Nfbv-announce] Additional Virginia ATM accessibility Testers needed

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 02:23:09 UTC 2017

Hi Virginia Federationists,

We have an opportunity for a few more people to serve as ATM testers. The
requirements are the same but the tests will need to be completed in
October.

Please let me know if you can take on this testing responsibility and
complete the task in October. The details are below.

 In the NFB, we use collective action to break down barriers to
accessibility to enable full participation in society.

The NFB will conduct nationwide Cardtronics ATM testing in September and
October of this year as an important part of the NFB's settlement agreement
with Cardtronics. Our affiliate is included in this testing effort and will
have the opportunity to test at least eleven ATMs for accessibility. If you
would like to be a tester, please contact me before October 7. Testers will
need to be able to read Braille instructions and should be comfortable using
an ATM and completing an online survey. Testers will be asked to confirm
that voice guidance software and other accessibility features have been
added to specific, assigned Cardtronics ATMs. The tester's role is critical
to this project and I thank you for considering being involved.

As noted above, you must be familiar with using an ATM, must be a Braille
reader who can assess that the Braille is accurate, must be able to log your
results on a web site, and must be able to take notes about your experience

There are thousands of Cardtronics ATMs in Virginia, often in CVS and Seven
11.

You will be provided 1 or 2 very specific ATMs in your ZIP code to test
since not all the ATMs are Cardtronics owned and operated so I will ask you
to provide the following:

Name

Phone number

Email Address

ZIP Code (you could provide both the ZIP code near your home or  workplace)

There is a very specific set of questions to answer for each test so we are
looking for individuals who can reliably complete this  testing between
September 1 and October 15. We want testers from around Virginia and We can
reimburse expenses for completing the tests. You will be expected to
withdraw money and that may incur a charge with your bank.  Upon completion
of the test, you will need to log your results on a web site to provide your
detailed test results. This is how we will know if you completed the test.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me.

Sincerely,

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>