[Nfbv-announce] Help Us Set NFB of Virginia Policy & Direction through a resolution

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 20:10:07 UTC 2017

>From Jennifer Shields, Resolutions Committee Chair
Fellow Federationists:

As you know, our state convention will be here in a month, and the resolutions submission period is drawing to a close. Please submit your resolutions no later than October 25, 2017.
. One of the most important parts of our convention involves reading and discussing resolutions sent in by our affiliate members.
Resolutions are policy statements of the affiliate, and we welcome them from our members.

If you are planning on submitting a resolution, or if you have an idea for one, please contact me as soon as possible. The resolutions committee can assist you with writing your resolution if necessary.

Many people are intimidated by resolutions because they have a complex structure with all those awkward whereas statements. However, there are many people who have ideas which we might consider as potential policy statements for the NFB of Virginia. Also, they help spark conversations about vital issues we face as Virginia Federationists.

I am honored to serve as Chair of the Resolutions Committee during our
2017 state convention. If you would like to submit a resolution, please send it to me as soon as possible. My email address is:
jen.shields929 at gmail.comm

Thank you, and the committee looks forward to receiving your resolutions.

Best,

Jennifer Shields
Chair, 2017 NFBV Resolutions Committee
Recording Secretary, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

--
Jennifer L. Shields, B.A.
Christopher Newport University '16