[Nfbv-announce] A Special Thank You

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:49:24 UTC 2017

Hello all,

We want to take a moment to thank the sponsors who invested in this
year’s state convention. Their vote of confidence is sincerely
appreciated, and we look forward to expressing our gratitude this
coming weekend. Their investment will go toward helping blind
residents in the commonwealth live the life they want. Thank you.

Some of our sponsors opted to exhibit at our convention. You can find
the list of table locations here:

http://www.nfbv.org/exhibits/

The list of sponsors themselves can be found below, and you can also
see the list on our convention landing page:

http://www.nfbv.org/convention/

Sponsors & Exhibitors

Gold Sponsors
S&G Endeavors, Ltd. – S & G Endeavors has delivered collaborative
strategic planning, meeting facilitation, and organizational
development services for the last 15 years, to assist our clients in
strengthening collaboration and overall success. Our firm has
significant experience working with government, nonprofit, and
for-profit companies on a variety of strategic-planning and
facilitation projects all geared to improving overall effectiveness
and efficiency. Differentiating us from our competitors is our use of
large-scale and collaborative change and facilitation methods. These
methods are based on the guiding principle that bringing the right
people together with the right process allows the community or
organization to tap into the wisdom that leadership and stakeholders
bring, in turn, increasing ownership of new, actionable strategies.
S&G is proud that our clients report that through our work, they have
used a successful planning process that increases buy-in, allows for
participative decision making, and engages participants in capacity
building dialogue. 614-519-3026 www.sgendeavors.com

Sprint Vision - Sprint is committed to working with phone
manufacturers and the blind and low vision community to deliver
user-friendly accessible phones. 703-282-9846 www.sprint.com/vision

Silver Sponsors
VANDA Pharmaceutical - A specialty pharmaceutical company focused on
the development and commercialization of novel therapies to address
high unmet medical needs and improve the lives of patients, such as
those with Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24).
202-734-3400	http://www.vandapharma.com/

Bronze Sponsors
ABLEnow - Virginia is among the first states in the country to offer
an ABLE program, which provides people with disabilities and their
families the opportunity to save money for today’s needs or invest for
tomorrow in a simple, affordable and tax-advantaged account. Save for
the future without endangering eligibility for certain benefit
programs critical to health and well-being. 844-NOW-ABLE 804-310-0961
able-now.com Rebecca Lyons rlyons at virginia529.com

Adaptify Solutions - We provide services and products for persons that
are Blind, Low Vision, Deaf, Hard of Hearing and the Deaf Blind. The
services include Braille, Typing instruction, eye doctor, counseling,
support groups. In our Store we have items that talk, large print,
watches, phones, clocks, safety items etc. 301-589-0866 Christopher
Emery info at adaptify.solutions.com

Aira - Develops transformative technology that provides greater
information and independence to those with vision loss by connecting
them immediately via Smart Glass to a network of certified Agents.
858-876-2472 www.aira.io

Allied Instructional Services – Low Vision and Blindness Products,
Embossers and Software. 804-368-8475
http://www.alliedinstructional.com

Anthem HealthKeepers Plus - New information about Medicaid for seniors
and people with disabilities coming in January 2018. 757 298 8723
https://mss.anthem.com/va/benefits/ccc-plus-medicaid.html

Audio Bibles for the Blind - Audio Bibles produced especially for use
with talking book players gives the reader the ability to navigate by
book, chapter, and verse.  Stop by and learn how to access this free
resource. 941-748-3031 www.audiobiblesfortheblind.org

BAUM USA, Inc. – BAUM Retec has been creating and improving assistive
technology for people with low vision and blindness for more than 35
years. BAUM USA is one of six international offices dedicated to
supporting people with vision impairment by providing world-class
products and support. 855-620-7985 www.baumusa.com

BlindAlive LLC - Descriptive exercise routines include cardio,
weights, BootCamp, stability ball, yoga, Pilates, stretching, balance,
and a set of gentle workouts for beginners. Descriptions are provided
within the exercise routines, and supplementary audio and text
descriptions are also available. Workouts can either be downloaded to
your computer or purchased on CD, thumb drive, or SD card. BlindAlive
also has a newsletter, blog, and podcast, all available on our website
www.BlindAlive.com  support at BlindAlive.com or leave a message for a
return call at 570-212-9979

Buddy Gray Music – Do you have a piano that needs to be tuned or
moved? Have you ever considered a career in piano tuning? If you
answered yes to any of these questions, stop by to chat with Buddy
about his company’s services, as well as learn about a career in piano
tuning.  While you are chatting with Buddy, ask him about fire
extinguishers. 205-345-1296 Buddy Grey assistant at buddygrayfire.com

Christian Ministry Teachers, - Free Bible literature in Braille, large
print, audio, and RTF formats. 910-619-6576

Integration Technologies Group, Inc. – Adaptive Technology available
through Humanware for People with Visual Disabilities, 703-698-8282
www.accessibilityproducts.net

TCS Associates - TCS offers a full suite of innovative accessible
services and solutions to ensure that employees with disabilities,
students and individuals are able to perform the essential functions
of their positions, have equal access to technology in the workplace
and enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment and the pursuit
of their personal or professional goals. 240-248-1826
www.tcsassociates.com

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing - Distribution of the iBill money
Readers  (Free) 202-874-2608 www.bep.gov

Torres Foundation for the Blind – Blindness and low vision products.
202-349-8486 www.torresfoundation.org

VFO Group – Assistive technology for the blind and visually impaired.
800-444-4443 www.vfogroup.com

Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and Vision Impaired –
VRCBVI provides quality training in the skills of blindness and
promotes positive attitudes about the capabilities of blind
individuals to make positive contributions at work and in the
community.  In addition to the training program we offer for adults,
we also offer innovative and fun programs for blind youth that will
challenge them to reach their full potential.  Learn about these and
other exciting initiatives at VRCBVI! 804-371-3323
https://www.vrcbvi.org

NFBV Chapters and Divisions

Blue Ridge Chapter of the NFB of Virginia - Hand-painted glass
ornaments for sale. They make great holiday gifts. Stop by and check
out  the “Taste of Charlottesville” basket being raffled. Once you see
what is included you will not be able to resist buying a raffle ticket
or two. 434-409-8013 lmeheart at yahoo.com

Greater Alexandria Chapter  of the NFB of Virginia – Stop by and see
what the newest NFBV Chapter has been up to. 703-785-9929 Brian R.
Miller Brianrmiller88 at gmail.com

NFB Newsline of Virginia - A free service available to anyone who is
blind, visually impaired or print-disabled. It offers over 400
publications to choose from including ten national newspapers, 16
breaking news sources, 14 international newspapers, countless state
newspapers, 50 magazines, emergency weather alerts, 7-day forecast,
job announcements, TV listings, retail ads, and much more. With all of
the access methods that are available, you are sure to find one that
meets your needs. For answers to your questions, assistance, reporting
of problems, and getting your account set up, contact John Halverson,
Virginia Newsline Coordinator, 703-379-1141(home), 703-867-6400
(cell), johnh50 at verizon.net
https://nfb.org/nfbnewsline#main-contentDr.

Peninsula Chapter – Raffling off a beautiful hand-made crocheted
blanket. Winter is coming, so stop by to buy a ticket or 2 for a
chance to stay snuggly warm this winter. 757-848-1781 Uricka Harris
uricka.harris at iCloud.com

"Virginia Association of Blind Merchants – 50/50 raffle. Gather your
friends and buy a few tickets. The more tickets that are purchased
will increase the jack-pot. The more tickets you buy the better your
chance of feeding your wallet with some extra cash. 410-404-5255
Harold Wilson

Exhibit Hall Door Prizes & Donors
Come to the Exhibit Hall from 12:00pm – 5:00pm on Friday, November 3.
If you visit all 18 exhibitors located inside the Exhibit Hall you can
have your name entered into the drawing for a chance to win 1 of the
more than 15 Exhibit Hall door prizes.

A special thank you goes out to the below list of Exhibitors for their
generous door prize donations.

Adaptify Solutions – Color Identifier
Aira – AfterShock Bone Conduction headsets
Allied Instructional Services – Gift Card
Anthem HealthKeepers Plus – Gift card
Audio Bibles for the Blind - Self-contained talking New International
version of the Bible.
BAUM USA, Inc. – Gift card
BlindAlive – Audio workout of your choice.
Buddy Gray Music – Fire extinguisher
Christian Ministry Teachers – Large print bible
Torres Foundation for the Blind – $50 cold hard cash!
VFO Group – Starbuck’s gift card

There are multiples of some of the above items, and there might be
some additional surprises!