[Nfbv-announce] DBVI Resource Management Efforts in the Vocational Rehabilitation Program

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 13:48:07 UTC 2017

Dear Virginia Federationist:

Attached is a letter from Commissioner Ray Hopkins of the Virginia
Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired. The letter explains that a
shortage of funds means that new clients will be placed on a waiting list
for services. Commissioner Hopkins does not say how long people might wait
for services, but we hope the wait will be very short.

All clients who are already in the system will continue to receive services
without interruption.

We will ask Commissioner Hopkins for an update as part of his report at the
upcoming state convention on November 3.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com