[Nfbv-announce] Another Reminder: Washington Seminar

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 02:52:05 UTC 2018

>From Deepa:

Washington Seminar

Hello Virginia Federationists,

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Although it may seem
like it's still two months away, Washington Seminar is fast approaching. I
wanted to send out some info to help you begin thinking about reserving your
room and making arrangements in your schedule to attend.

The legislative Committee needs to begin creating teams of those who will be
attending Washington Seminar and start scheduling appointments with members
of Congress. So the earlier you can let us know whether you will be
attending, the better. Please let us know by December 28 whether you plan to
attend. When you let us know, please provide the name of your member of the
House of Representatives. If you don't know, please provide your address
including street address and ZIP code so we can easily look it up. If you
want to look it up yourself, you can access this information at:

https://www.house.gov/

The Great-Gathering-In is scheduled for Monday, January 28, 2019. The
deadline for making hotel reservations with the Holiday Inn Capitol is
December 28, 2018, and although I know most of you are busy as we approach
the holiday season, the hotel would certainly appreciate getting your
reservations as early as possible to ensure that you secure your
reservation.

Please reserve your room at the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol (550 C
Street, SW Washington, DC 20024) by Friday, December 28, 2018. Check in at
our booking rate begins Friday, January 25, 2019 with a check out by Friday,
February 1, 2019.

The rate is $196 per night. This rate does not include DC sales tax,
currently 14.95 percent.

You can
<http://ichotelsgroup.com/redirect?path=rates&brandCode=HI&regionCode=1&loca
leCode=en&GPC=NB8&hotelCode=WASSM&_PMID=99801505> begin booking reservations
online by using this link to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol website that
includes our booking code. You can also make reservations by calling
1-877-572-6951 and referencing booking code NB8.

Credit card information is needed at time of your reservation. The
individual cancellation policy is seventy-two hours prior to the date of
arrival to avoid a one night's room plus tax cancellation charge on the
credit card provided. If your departure date changes, you must inform the
hotel seventy-two hours in advance of your departure to avoid a $100 fee.

A few members of the Northern Virginia chapters may have a guest room
available for those who would consider this approach. You will need to be
extremely self-sufficient to make this model work and requests should be
submitted to me by December 21. Please contact me and I can see what can be
done to accommodate your request.

Last year, we had a record number of Virginians attending! Please encourage
all your chapter members, friends, and acquaintances to attend so we can
show Congress that blind Virginians are committed to our important issues!

If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me, your
co-legislative director, at deepa.goraya at gmail.com
<mailto:deepa.goraya at gmail.com>  or call me at 9099643699.

Thanks,

Deepa