[Nfbv-announce] Last Chance: Win $25 for Applying for NFB Scholarship

Sarah Patnaude patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 14:27:06 UTC 2018

>From Robert Parsons
President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Greetings Virginia Federationists and Students

The deadline for the VABS “Win for Trying” contest is approaching. If you all recall, VABS is willing to enter you in for a raffle for $25 in cash if you successfully complete the application for the NFB National Scholarship by Thursday, February 15, 2018. To do this, go to www.nfb.org, fill out the necessary fields in the application, upload required documents to the application, and submit the application. After this, you will get a confirmation email. Send that to Robert Parsons, President, at rob.parso3389 at gmail.com. Once that is done, request an interview with Tracy Soforenko, NFBV Affiliate President via email or phone. This must be complete by 11:59pm on February 15, 2018. I will pull the winning name in a drawing on Facebook Live on February 16, 2018 at 12pm. I will share this video on our Twitter page, vabs_students and it can be accessed on both platforms by typing #VABSScholars into the search boxes. Don’t forget to follow our Facebook page, “Virginia Association of Blind Students,” in order to stay in the loop of all VABS activities and network with our students. Good luck and I hope to read many names on Friday when I receive the completion list.

Best

Robert E. Parsons Jr.
President, Richmond Chapter
President, Virginia Association of Blind Students
President, French Club
Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance
Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society ‘15
Randolph Macon College '18
Phone: 804 801 7674
"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass