[Nfbv-announce] Access to O&M Services and other options for CLB and NFB partnership

Tracy Soforenko tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 20:10:00 UTC 2018

Hi Kim,

I hope the rest of you and your daughter's convention experience was good.

Thanks for talking with me on Sunday, July 8 at the national Federation of
the Blind conference. You were taking some notes about our follow up action
items and I don't recall receiving them.

I have a number of individuals  who need O&M training in Virginia.

We will be running a program for students 14-21 where we have partnered with
the ENDependence Center of Northern Virginia. I could see us partnering with
CLB for some O&M training.

I have a number of members who need O&M training right now. Some have
recently move to the DMV and they might not have a local VR case. Can we tap
the grant to obtain O&M training for these individuals? We have some seniors
who need some training as well. What is the process for making these
connections?

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want