[Nfbv-announce] Support VABS Efforts at National Convention

Sarah Patnaude patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 22:28:53 UTC 2018

>From Robert Parsons

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Good Evening Everyone,

As we approach the NFB National Convention in beautiful Orlando, FL, I am aware of the amazing opportunities that all attendees and members can participate in.  There are different efforts to raise funds for different divisions and affiliates and the creativity and ingenuity of our Federation family is amazing, but VABS is here to satisfy your practical needs. The Virginia Association of Blind Students will be holding a week-long raffle that all members and attendees can participate in. VABS will be raffling off a prize of a $50 uber gift card every two days during convention. Here is how the fundraiser will work:

The tickets will sell for $5 or three tickets for $10.We will pull a winner for an uber gift card every two days at 10pm. So, at 10pm on July 4,6, and 8, a winner will be pulled.If you are a national convention attendee, we will find you at the convention if your name is pulled.We will accept payments in the form of cash, check, Venmo, and Cash App. You do not have to be present to win this prize. We will take prior orders for tickets as well. If you are interested, simply contact Robert Parsons, President, at 804.801.7674. In the event a member wins that is not attending the convention, we will send the gift card to an address you will provide once we notify you of your win.

If there are any further questions about this opportunity, please feel free to email or call me at the above  phone number. I look forward to connecting with all of you in the future.

With Love, Hope, and Determination

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Iota Phi Theta ‘07

Phi Theta Kappa ‘15

Alpha Phi Omega ‘17

Alpha Kappa Delta ‘18

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass