[Nfbv-announce] Welcome Party Questions and Answers

Sarah Patnaude patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 03:25:38 UTC 2018

>From Tracy Soforenko

President, NFBV

Hi Virginia  Federationists,

Earlier this week, the National Federation of the Blind and AIRA announced the news that APL.De.Ap will headline our 2018 Host Committee Welcome Party at the NFB National Convention. This is extremely exciting news and I hope this encourages you to take action and pre-register by May 31. You can pre-register at

https://convention.nfb.org/

Some people have asked me about the  concert and I wanted to address your questions:

Who are the Black Eyed Peas?

The Black Eyed Peas is a pop, hip hop, and dance music group featuring rappers Will.I.AM, APL.De.Ap,  Taboo and  Fergie.

The group is one of the world’s bestselling musical groups with hits like

I Gotta Feeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQmrxJk2_Ug

Let’s Get It Started (with features a solo by APL towards the end of the song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqV7DB8Iwg

Who is APL.De.Ap?

Allan Pinedo Lindo  (APL) who goes by APL.De.Ap. is both a member  of the Black Eyed Peas and a solo performer.  Legally blind in both eyes from nystagmus, apl.de.ap has always lived the life he wants. apl.de.ap launched the apl.de.ap Foundation, a charity dedicated to helping various communities and children in the Philippines and throughout Asia.

APL has a number of solo songs such as:

We Can be anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOAqDlDsIzY

Going Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqChQldIji0

Take Me to the Philippines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V2Fd7O2dRY

Opening Acts

In addition, there will be numerous Federation performers such as Marion Gwizdala, James Brown, and Precious Perez.

How do I get into the concert

The Welcome Party concert will be held Friday, July 6 from 7:00 PM to 10:00PM. The location will be included in the convention agenda. The concert is exclusive to registered convention attendees who purchase a $10 wrist band. Advance wrist bands can be purchased at the Welcome table in the lobby, at the hospitality Suite, at any of the host affiliates tables in the exhibit hall or from the SUN table at the back of the General Session. Wrist bands can also be purchased at the door. All wrist bands are the same $10 price.

What is included in the $10 Wrist Band Price?

The $10 price covers admission and there will be a cash bar at the concert.

What is expected from Host Committee Affiliate Members?

Together with the Iowa and Florida affiliates, we will be responsible for the following:

Selling advance wrist bands and promoting the concert at events throughout the convention. Ensuring that all wrist band proceeds are provided to the Iowa Affiliate Treasurer who is responsible for Host Committee income and expenses. Selling wrist bands at the concert itself. Checking that those who attend the concert have their wrist bands. Serving as talking signs and helping people at the concert.

If you have further questions about the concert, do not hesitate to contact me.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

www.nfb.org

www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want