[Nfbv-announce] Virginia State Convention North Bound Bus

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 16:25:25 UTC 2018

>From John Halverson

President. Potomac Chapter

Colleagues,

Deadline Approaching.

As  I have indicated earlier, the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia plans to offer bus transportation on Sunday November 11 from the site of our  2018 convention, the Hospitality House, Fredericksburg, to Northern Virginia.  The cost is expected to be approximately $20.

Some of you have indicated an interest to me.  This is a reminder that some of you may not have yet done so.  Tracy Soforenko has asked that we obtain the names of interested riders by October 1.

I just checked Amtrak availability on Sunday November 11.  There are several trains in the morning going north, of course, you would miss part of the convention.  There are two trains after the convention adjourns at noon.  There is one at approximately 3:00 pm arriving in Alexandria at about 4:00 pm and one at 7:30 pm arriving a bit over an hour later.  The cost is $38 plus the cost of an Uber or taxi to the Fredericksburg Amtrak station.  Unless you have an overwhelming desire to pay at least twice what we are paying for the bus, I urge you to avail yourself of our bus opportunity.

If you have not already done so, please notify me that you will join us on the bus.

There is a possibility of a bus from Northern Virginia to Fredericksburg on Thursday November 8, but I have only heard from four persons who are interested.  Many of us plan to leave at different times on Thursday and the Virginia Railway Express offers inexpensive transportation from Northern Virginia to Fredericksburg throughout the day.

You may contact me: 703-867-6400 (mobile), text 703-867-6400, email jwh100 at outlook.com

Thank you.

John Halverson