[NFBV-Announce] Communications Committee Report

Sarah Patnaude patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 17:48:18 UTC 2019

Good Afternoon Fellow Virginian Federationists!

Though I have been more on the quiet side for the last few months,  I promise I am still at work.

Those who attend our board meetings know that committees always provide our membership with committee updates. Since we are entering one of our busiest times and due to recent activities and changes, I wanted to ensure everyone was up to date on the Communications Committee.

First, we have been talking about this for a few years, but our new
website is becoming a reality! Many have noticed that we were offline
for a few weeks to allow for demolition and construction to occur. I
am excited to announce, we are back live with a new look! Now, before
anyone says anything, no, the website is not complete. We are still
working on a few additional components. However, as Joe mentioned in
an earlier e-mail, it is about 75% done as far as text is concerned.
With that said, we would love your candid feedback. If you have any
issues or comments, please let us know! This is our website and so we
want it to be the best it can be. My deepest appreciation to Joe and
Cathy for their work in making this happen.

Second, if you look on the website, you will notice we now have a
blog. Yes, that is correct, we are now starting a new platform to
share content. No, we are not getting rid of the Vigilant. We are
hoping the blog will provide a new platform to share experiences,
stories, philosophy, etc.

Lastly, we are nearing the end of August. With that said, the
Communications Committee will soon be busy promoting convention. This
by no means is a 1 or even 2 person team. If you have connections or
have time to assist in publicizing please let me know! I appreciate
any and all assistance in this department.

Missed seeing everyone last weekend, but I know you all are making me proud to call Virginia my home state.

Sarah Patnaude
patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
(804) 591-6153
www.nfb.org