[Nfbv-announce] Conference Call for Blind Parents

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 15:46:39 UTC 2019

>From Jessica Reed

Good morning Virginia Federationist!

I don’t think any of us can deny what a shining star Virginia is on a national level. We are often in the top five for PAC, we have a thriving senior and student division, we rock at cultivating our future leaders threw our chapter Leadership Enrichment Program! For some time now though, I have noticed that there is one group of blind Virginians we are not tapping into. I am talking, of course, about my self and other blind parents. Until now...

On February 25th at 8:00 p.m I would love it if you would join me on the first ever blind parents conference call! A number of states have thriving blind parents divisions that serve the blind parents in a number of ways. Some have provided workshops on the “How-to” of infant care, traveling with small children, and on exploration of which baby supplies is most needed for parents who are blind. Some have broken through the isolation of being a parent on top of a blind parent by holding annual family oriented social seminars. All have woven together a fabric of blind parents who empathize with the frustrations geographically specific to one and other. All have been integral in the passage of the blind parenting bill we have attempted to get passed here for a number of years. I would love to see all on the above conference call on Monday the 25th prepared to shape our Virginia Blind Parents in which ever way would be most helpful to you!

The call information is: Call in number: 218-895-6875

access code: 2018

Sarah Patnaude

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com

(804) 591-6153