[Nfbv-announce] Potomac Chapter Hands-On Technology Fair June 22nd

Sarah Patnaude patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 14:28:36 UTC 2019

Hello Fellow Federationists!

Happy Friday!

We all know that technology increasingly plays a significant role in our day to day lives. That is why the Potomac Chapter is holding it's first hands-on technology fair on June 22nd. The flier is attached and below. We hope you can join us and will help spread the word.

HANDS-ON NONVISUAL TECHNOLOGY FAIR

FOR PERSONS WHO ARE BLIND

OR LOW VISION

FREE ADMISSION!

SATURDAY

JUNE 22, 2019

10 AM to 2 PM

Lyon Village Community House

1920 N. Highland Street

Arlington, VA 22201

Demonstrations include:

Smartphone Accessibility

NFB Newsline

Smart Home Devices

Braille Displays and Notetakers

Navigation Devices

Household Labeling

Medical Devices

Audio Description Services

And More!

Come join us and get hands-on experience with various technologies that can guide you toward self-confidence and independence!

For questions, more information, or to register, please contact Nancy Yeager by calling (703) 812-0953 or

e-mailing nancyyeager542 at comcast.net

You can also register at https://hands-on-technology-fair.eventbrite.com

WALK-INS ARE WELCOME

Hosted by the Potomac Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

Sarah Patnaude

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com

(804) 591-6153

www.nfb.org