[NFBV-Announce] Info about Washington Seminar

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 00:21:49 UTC 2020

Hello NFB Family and Friends,

Please read the information regarding Washington Seminar  from Deepa Goraya!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to provide some important information for the 2021 Washington
Seminar. This upcoming Washington Seminar will be a bit different from years
past. It will be completely virtual, which has its pros. You won't need to
travel to DC, and you won't need to worry about frantically making it from
one end of the House buildings to the other between appointments. Of course,
we will miss seeing our friends and socializing in person. But we hope many
more of you will be able to attend this year since you can participate from
home.

Washington Seminar will be held February 8-11. The Great Gathering In will
be on the 8th at 5 PM, and will be virtual. Congressional appointments will
be scheduled February 9-11 and will also be virtual. We will have a bit more
flexibility for appointments, since we'll be able to schedule them over all
three days. There will be trainings provided as usual before appointments to
inform you of the issues we'll be presenting on, but they will just be
virtual trainings. Info about the trainings and the issues are forthcoming.

I will be scheduling most of our zoom appointments with our representatives.
But we will need some info from you to determine which appointments and
teams you'll be a part of. Congressional members still want to ensure they
are scheduling appointments with their constituents, so it will be important
that you are present at the appointment with your representative.

If you could please email the following info to Arielle Silverman this month
so that we can begin scheduling these appointments and creating the teams:

Your name, what days you will be able to attend Washington Seminar (9th,
10th, 11th, or all three days) and what times you'll be available on each of
those days between 8 AM and 6 PM, your address, and a phone number and email
address where you can be quickly reached. You can email Arielle at
arielle at disabilitywisdom.com <mailto:arielle at disabilitywisdom.com> .

For any questions, you can email me at deepa.goraya at gmail.com
<mailto:deepa.goraya at gmail.com> .

Thank you.

Deepa Goraya

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia, Co-Legislative Director

Deepinder K. Goraya, Esq

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want