[NFBV-Announce] The Update You Know You Want to Read

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 23:47:37 UTC 2020

Hello all,

People occasionally ask what the Chapter Leadership Institute is up to. I
said we would do a better job of keeping people updated, so here are a few
notes that are of relevance to the affiliate and for anyone who may not have
been on the board meeting call a few weeks ago.

First, we've been tasking CLI members to use the regular White Cane lists to
connect with and cultivate new members. If your chapter has not started
doing so, please notify me. It's possible your chapter may not have had
people on these lists, but it's also possible my CLI people are slacking, in
which case, I've got a few rooms in the dog house out back where they can
spend time reflecting on the things that annoy Joe and Domonique.

Second, I am, or, that is to say, our intern, is going to create a mailing
list specific to Virginia chapter presidents. I know, one more dang list,
but I am getting old and too lazy to revisit the chapter page on our website
anytime I need to email blast presidents. Point is, if you're a chapter
president and get a random welcome message to a new mailing list, it's just
us and not your stranded cousin in Nigeria.

Next, don't forget our Zoom call this coming Saturday, June 13. We made a
pretty bold proclamation, didn't we? Eliminating boring meetings? Well,
we're going to make a good run of it anyway. You don't have to be a chapter
board member to attend. In fact, non-board members are welcomed so that you
can then turn around and hold your chapter boards accountable. It's the
#StopPuttingMeToSleep campaign. Get on it. I'd offer you a reminder of the
Zoom information, but that would require me looking for Sarah's email and
well remember that whole lazy thing? We'll send a reminder this Friday.

If you get a chance, stop by our CLI website:

http://nfbv.org/cli

That is the before picture. We'll invite you to look at the after picture in
a month or so. Some seriously great things are going to be added there soon,
but your suggestions on what ought to be included are always welcomed. And
you can also get a better sense of what our CLI class is up to.

Before closing, I want to send a shout out to Rebecca Soforenko for being an
outstanding summer intern to the affiliate. She has been the best intern
ever to work with me throughout my professional career, and I can't say
enough positive things. What does that have anything to do with CLI? Erm,
hello, who do you think is going to overhaul the CLI website? Me? You're so
silly. She's working on a number of projects with myself and other members
of the affiliate though, and her work ethic gives my CLI people something to
aspire. If anyone forwards this message to her, make sure to include a post
script warning her not to embarrass me; we still have to make it through
August!

And that about covers it. If you made it this far, I love you for reading
what I write, and I want you to know you are special no matter what I've
heard to the contrary. Haha. In all seriousness, I hope you are well and
your family too. I can't wait to see you in person again.

Your faithful servant and CLI Co-Coordinator,

Joe Orozco