[NFBV-Announce] Board Meeting Agenda

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 03:18:51 UTC 2021

>From Tracy Soforenko, President

Hi Virginia Federationists:

We have planned an exciting August 7 NFB of Virginia Board of Directors
meeting.

We welcome everyone to participate in our Saturday, August 7 Board of
Directors meeting.

Date:                   Saturday, August 7 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.  ET

Pre-registration starts at 12:45 PM so please join during the
pre-registration time. Please note we will be capturing contact info for
those dialing in via phone or those not named within the Zoom app with their
actual name between 12:45 and 1:00 PM so please be ready to provide your
name. All will enter the meeting muted and we will be calling on individuals
using the last 4 digits of your phone number so we can rename you within the
app to your actual name.

Location:            Virtually, Over the Zoom platform

Virginia Affiliate Zoom Details:

Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345> tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Meeting Agenda:

Meeting of the Board of Directors

August 7, 2021

1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.

Pre-registration starts at 12:45 PM so please join during the
pre-registration time. Please note we will be capturing contact info for
those dialing in via phone or those not named within the Zoom app with their
actual name between 12:45 and 1:00 PM so please be ready to provide your
name. We intend to have the Zoom hosts announce everyone in the meeting so
we will need your name to announce you. All will enter the meeting muted,
and we will be calling on individuals using the last 4 digits of your phone
number so we can rename you within the app to your actual name.

Location:            Virtually, Over the Zoom platform

Meeting Agenda:

I.	.                    Call to Order and Roll Call.
II.	Arrangements for Charlie Brown - Tracy Soforenko
III.	Secretary's Report, Mausam Mehta, Recording Secretary
Approval of Minutes from May 1 , 2021 Meeting of the NFBV Board of
Directors.
IV.	.                Treasurer's Report, Mark Roane
V.	Project RISE Update

a.	Program Update - Kathryn Webster, program Coordinator Emeritus
b.	Introducing our new Project RISE Program Coordinator - Brianna
Murray
c.	Recommendation highlights from our Project RISE Study - Tracy
Soforenko

VI.	Silver Bells Program for Blind & Low Vision Seniors
VII.	NFB of Virginia James Nelson Scholarship- Jimmy Morris
VIII.	Training Opportunity on Bystander Intervention and Consent in
September - Kathryn Webster and Brianna Murray
IX.	The 2021 NFB of Virginia State Convention

a.       Nature of a Hybrid Convention - Tracy Soforenko

b.       Structure to the agenda - Joe Orozco

c.       Principles of engagement for a hybrid convention including voting -
Sandy Halverson

d.       Registration and Fees - Joe Orozco and Mark Roane

e.       Host chapter Responsibilities and ideas including coordinating Door
Prizes - Christine Grassman, Potomac Chapter President

f.        Marketing Plan - Jackie Bruce

g.       Auction, Chocolate Tasting, and Other Fundraising - Earl Everett
and Renee Valdez, Co-Chairs

h.       Audit Committee - Sean McMahon, Chair

i.         Resolutions Committee - Deepa Goraya, chair

j.         Interactive discussion of ideas for Agenda Topics

X.	Braille Enrichment for Literacy & Learning (BELL) Academy In Home
Edition- Louise Walch, Coordinator and Renee Valdez, Virginia specific
supplemental BELL Coordinator
XI.	Virginia Chapter Leadership Institute Domonique Lawless and Joe
Orozco

XII.	Committee Updates

a.	Membership - Sandy Halverson, Chair
b.	Communications -Jackie Bruce, chair
c.	Legislative

                                                               i.
National Legislation - Deepa Goraya

                                                             ii.
Virginia Legislation - Bonnie O'Day

d.	Public Outreach/Meet the Blind Month - Corlis Jones and Uricka
Harrison
e.	Fundraising - Earl Everett and Renee Valdez, Co-Chairs
f.	McDonald Fellowship & Jernigan Scholarship - Mary Durbin and Jenny
Blinsmon, Co-Chairs
g.	Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Uricka Harrison and Chris Walker,
Co-Chairs

XIII.	Divisions

a.	Virginia Association of Blind Students - Jacob Ham
b.	Virginia Parents of Blind Children - Beth Sellers
c.	Seniors Division - Nancy Yeager
d.	Merchants Division - Jimmy Cunningham

XIV.	Other Business

XIII.                Date and Location of Next Meeting.  Friday, October 29
at the Westin Tysons Corner and   over Zoom

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want