[NFBV-Announce] Happy Holidays Peace, Blessings and Zoom!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 03:43:01 UTC 2021

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Happy Holidays! May the rest of your year be filled with Joy, Love, Peace
and Blessings! Be safe and have fun. Be good or Santa won't visit you.

Kudos Corner.

Go GAC! Good for you guys.

My Federation Family!

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

I am happy and proud to announce that the Greater Alexandria Chapter's
Holiday Donation Drive for Operation Elf exceeded our expectations!  Last
year, we were able to present a check to the Alexandria Sheriff's Department
in the amount of $245.00.  We wanted to do it again this year but exceed
that amount--and we did it!  Yesterday, Evelyn Valdez, President of the
Greater Alexandria Chapter, handed a check to the Alexandria Sheriff's
Department in the amount of $373.06!

We could not have exceeded our goal without the help of our Federation
Family!  All of this is to help the children and families of incarcerated
people to reconnect and share gifts through this holiday season.  It warms
our collective heart to think that GAC and NFB could take part in creating
smiles and sharing a little holiday joy.

We appreciate all of you who were able to contribute.

Happy Holidays!

Renee F. Valdez, M.A.

Secretary/Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind,

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Spotlight On.

Braille Buddies every Tuesday from 7  thru 9  PM. Join the affiliate's zoom
and learn, ask questions or just chat with others learning or who are
experts in Braille.

Good evening NFB family!

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend and are all ready for the upcoming
holiday. I just wanted to send a friendly reminder that tomorrow, December
20, at 6:30 p.m. we will hold our monthly chapter meeting. We will get lots
of information about the upcoming Richmond seminar as well as a surprise
announcement that I can?t wait to share with you all! I look forward to
seeing you tomorrow. The zoom link and call in information is below.

Merry Christmas!

Domonique.

Many of our Chapters are meeting in person, please check the Chapter
Meetings section to join in a

meeting.  All meetings are open to the public.    Chapters and Divisions are
using the Affiliate Zoom link, if a meeting is using an alternate platform,
the phone number or instructions to join will follow the meeting name.

Here's how to join:

Zoom Link
<https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345> tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter and Division Meetings.

Richmond Monday, December 20th 6:30 PM.

To appreciate the beauty of a  snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in
the cold  -Aristotle

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want