[NFBV-Announce] Important notice from the Survivor Task Force!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 20:56:46 UTC 2021

              Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Please read below from our Survivor Task Force.  Thanks and have a
phenomenal day!

The NFB's Survivor-Led Task Force, through significant consideration of
feedback and consultation with survivors and allies committed to fostering a
safe, supportive, and inclusive environment within our organization, invites
you to consider applying for the position of Co-Lead for a new group: the
NFB Survivors Group. The current iteration of the Survivor-Led Task Force
will be coming to a close soon, and we have been asking each other and other
survivors and allies since January about what comes next in our Safety and
Support initiatives to bring meaningful, sustainable, and intentional
support for survivors and to promote the ongoing initiatives for the culture
shift that will help our organization to be the healthiest, safest, most
inclusive space where the dignity and safety of every blind person are
intentionally valued and promoted.

The NFB Survivors Group will be established during the 2021 NFB National
Convention. It is meant to provide ongoing and consistent support to
survivors and victims within the NFB community. The group will organize
programming, provide advice, representation, and recommendations to
leadership and membership, and serve survivors, victims, and allies. To
learn more about the proposed purpose, priorities, and intentions for this
group and to learn more about the expectations of the co-lead positions,
please visit the application Here.

We invite you to review the application, and if you are interested and
believe you could fulfill this role, please complete the application at the
following link:

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6etc4kQZ7JDs5uD5KSAqF6kf0JMA853T
MqEa3tqCR6soS5Q/viewform>
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6etc4kQZ7JDs5uD5KSAqF6kf0JMA853TM
qEa3tqCR6soS5Q/viewform

Please note that applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM EST on
Wednesday, June 30, 2021. If you have any further questions or need
clarification regarding the application process after reviewing the
application, please reach out to  <mailto:survivors at nfb.org>
survivors at nfb.org or (410) 659-9314, X2238.

Thank you for your commitment to safety and support within the National
Federation of the Blind!

Marching forward together for safety and inclusion for all,

The Survivor-Led Task Force

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want