[NFBV-Announce] LIFE Mentor Recruitment

Melody Roane melody.roane at dbvi.virginia.gov
Tue Mar 2 16:08:10 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

The Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and Vision Impaired is
planning to conduct the 2021 Learning Independence, Feeling Empowered
(LIFE) Program in person this summer.  We are currently in the process of
recruiting three qualified blind mentors to work with teenagers who will be
learning skills of blindness, participating in confidence-building
activities and working at jobs in the community.  It will be a lot of fun
and very rewarding.  Please see the attachment for more details about these
positions and for instructions on how to apply.  The deadline for
applications is fast approaching, Monday, March 15.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you.

Have a great day.

Melody Roane, Director

Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and Vision Impaired