[NFBV-Announce] {Spam?} Get your green on and zoom!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 02:12:52 UTC 2021

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Get your Green On because everyone is Irish this
week!

Spotlight On.

On Thursday, March 18th, The Greater Williamsburg Chapter will host Lois
Boyle, Executive Director, of Access Virginia.  She will be talking to us
about Open Captioning and Audio Description and events happening, virtually,
in the area.   Please join us at 6:00 PM for this interesting and
enlightening conversation.

The next Tidewater Chapter of the NFB of Virginia is scheduled for Saturday,
March 20, 2021 from 1:30 PM to 3 PM..  The meeting will take place
virtually.  Mr. Keith Johnson, Head of Paratransit services for Hampton
Roads Transit will be our guest speaker for this meeting.  This should be of
interest to any public transit users in Hampton Roads!

Ladies Night join the Virginia Affiliate every Saturday Night for good
times, laughter and conversation with your NFB girlfriends.  Beginning at 7
pm, grab a  green beer and some Irish Stew and let's talk about what you do
to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, if anything.  If you don't celebrate it,
what traditions do you and your families have?

The NFBV Seniors Division is proud to present:

The Blind History Lady, also known as Peggy Chong, NFB of Colorado.

She will share stories of blind Virginians and other people from previous
generations along with their "trials, triumphs and tenacity." We will see
how they were like our ancestors, even though they were blind.

Please join the Seniors Division for this free event.

When:

Date: March 24

  Time:  7:00 pm

Hope you can join us.

Almost all chapter and division meetings are using the Virginia Affiliate's
Zoom account and all meetings are open to the public.  If a meeting is using
an alternate platform, the phone number or instructions to join will follow
the meeting name.

Here's how to join:

Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345> tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter Meetings.

Winchester Wednesday March 17th  7 pm

Greater Williamsburg

Thursday March 18th 6 pm

Fairfax

Thursday March 18th 7 pm

Fredericksburg

Saturday March 20th  10 am

Peninsula Saturday March 20th 11:00 am.  Conference call number
605-475-4825.  meeting id 549778

Tidewater Saturday March 20th 1:30 pm

Richmond

Monday March 22th 6:30 pm

Seniors Division

Wednesday March 24 7 pm (see above for details)

Greater Alexandria no meeting this month.

Chesapeake Bay

Saturday March 27th 11 am

We are all set for OUR IN PERSON MEETING The address to Gus and George's
spaghetti and steak House is 4312 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach.
23456

Our conference number is

605-468-8758 access code is 197498

Smile be safe and have a  great week!

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want