[NFBV-Announce] Calling all Veterans!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 03:13:55 UTC 2021

>From Tracy Soforenko, President

Calling All Veterans:

Vernon Humphries, the president of the National Association of Blind
Veterans, is looking for all veterans to include in the convention's
Celebration of Freedom. This year he is asking to receive a ten-second audio
recording of each veteran introducing themself and providing a short glimpse
of their service. He is requesting that you all spread the word and to
assist veterans who might have difficulty in creating an audio recording. He
would like to receive these at  <mailto:mr_president at nabv.org>
mr_president at nabv.org before June 6.

Essentially, Vernon is seeking the following information

Your Name

Your State

Your branch of service

When you served

If you are a Veteran and need help recording an audio file, feel free to
call my voicemail at the national office 410 659-9314 extension 2020. The
national center voicemail will record your message as a pretty crisp audio
file. This is a super simple way to record a message. You don't need to do
anything to preface your message, just provide the info listed above. I do
not want to audio edit your message to strip out the Hi Tracy at the
beginning and the bye at the end.

I can send this to you.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want

together to help blind people live the lives they want