[NFBV-Announce] GAC and the Holidays

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 16:33:22 UTC 2021

>From Rene Valdez, Secretary GAC

Hello my fello Federationists!  (I LOVE how that sounds!)

As the Holiday Season is upon us once again--and so quickly at that!-- it is
time to consider those who are less fortunate than ourselves.  The Greater
Alexandria Chapter has chosen, once again, to share our love and our
resources with the children of Alexandria by giving to the Alexandria
Sheriff Department's Operation Elf Drive.  Here's how it works:

Operation Elf is a community service holiday project for the families of
incarcerated inmates. The Sheriff's Office collects toys and gift cards for
the children of incarcerated parents. Each child is allowed to choose two
toys and two books. Donations are being accepted in the following age
groups: 0-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-11,12-14, 15 and up.

All donations through the Greater Alexandria Chapter will be taken via
PayPal.  Here is how you can donate:

If you DO have a PayPal Account:

1.  Log in to your PayPal account

2.  Click on "My Account: in the upper right-hand corner

3.  Click on "Send" located at the top and to the right

NFBVGAC1 at gmail.com

5.  After you type it in the box, it should appear inside the box

6.  Click "Next"

7.  Enter the amount of money you wish to donate.

8.  In the box where it says "Add a note" please type in Operation Elf so I
will know this is a donation for that cause

9.  Click "Continue"

10. You should be asked to review your transaction and confirm by clicking
"Send"

11. Relish in the warm, fuzzy feeling that comes from giving!

If you DO NOT have PayPal, please contact Renee Valdez at
reneerome at yahoo.com or by phone or text at (703) 966-0836.  I will send a
"Request for Payment" from PayPal that will allow you to donate.  We will
enjoy that warm, fuzzy feeling together! Ha, Ha!

Donations for Operation Elf begin on GIVING TUESDAY, November 30, 2021, this
coming Tuesday!  Let's make it the BIGGEST day of giving for the children of
Alexandria!

The deadline to donate to out GAC Operation Elf Drive is December 15, 2021.

We hope you will take a moment and reach deep in those Holiday pockets and
give what you can to the children of Operation Elf.  A smile is more than
worth it!

Happy Holidays!

Renee F. Valdez, M.A.

Secretary/Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind,

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Co-Chair, National Federation of the Bilind of Virginia,

Fundraising Committee

Vice President, Northern VA Regional Local Human Rights Committee

(703) 966-083