[NFBV-Announce] Summer's over! Back to zooming...

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 05:42:00 UTC 2021

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Labor Day is tomorrow and I'd like to thank all of the Workers out there.
Everyone who keeps this great country alive and functioning.  You are
awesome, give yourselves a  hand!  We all know Fall doesn't officially start
until September 22nd, we also all know Labor Day is the unofficial end of
summer.  I  hope everyone had some fun during the hot summer months.    Now
we can look forward to crisp, cooler weather, fallen leaves and don't forget
fresh apples and warm apple cider YUM!

Kudos Corner.

Jim and Chris Walker have a  new addition to their home!  Let's give them a
hoorah as they welcome their new, beautiful  2022 hybrid Toyota Prius XLE.
They lucked out , as their new baby was being delivered as they entered onto
the Toyota lot.  Great timing and Congratulations on the new vehicle and to
Jim's new job as an Uber Driver.  Jim, good for you!  I'm sure you'll be a
fantastic driver.

Hello chapter members and friends,

Winchester medical center, surgical center reached out to the chapter asking
if we could donate items to patients that are blind that are in the
hospital.

We may connection through other local organizations to make this happen. The
chapter will be donating brand new Uno cards, playing cards, Schiphol cards,
magnetic chess and Domino's and other plane cards and board games.

The approval was for $200, we spent $148. Items were purchased through the
Independence market in Baltimore.

Thank you to the Chapter for your support to our community and helping live
the lives we want!

Also, a big thank you to Stanley Barns for donating the braille books.

Chris Walker, President  Winchester Chapter

Spotlight On.

Are you excited!  Are you ready to hang with friends?  Are you counting the
days until you can see the Silver Bells Program live and uncensored? Is your
mouth watering looking forward to tasting fine chocolate?  Yes, yes, yes,
and yes, State Convention Registration is coming very soon.  Start packing
your overnight bag, with something other than sweats, and prepare to have a
phenomenal time attending seminars, finding out what's new, checking out new
gadgets  and all the other exciting Convention happenings, safely of course,
the last weekend of October.  See you there!

Many of our Chapters are meeting in person, please check the Chapter
Meetings section to join in a   meeting.  All meetings are open to the
public.    Chapters and Divisions are using the Affiliate Zoom link, if a
meeting is using an alternate platform, the phone number or instructions to
join will follow the meeting name or be in the Spotlight On section.

Here's how to join:

Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345> tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter and Division Meetings.

No Chapter or Division Meetings this week.  Check back next Sunday for all
of the meetings scheduled for September.

If your chapter is meeting in person, please let me know ASAP, my contact
information is in my signature below, to be sure you make this list and
folks will know how and where to join you.  Thanks.

Don't forget the love this life gives you, when you get where you're going
stop and turn around, help the next one in line and Always stay humble and
kind. -Tim McGraw

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want