[NFBV-Announce] Wow! What a week. Join in and zoom.

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 04:40:52 UTC 2021

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

We have so many members doing great things!  Relax, unwind and read on.
Please mark your calendars and join one of our exciting and informative
Chapter and Committee Meetings this week.

Please keep the information coming!  Share your thoughts and accomplishments
with your NFBV Family and what's going on in your Chapter, Division or
Committee.  Please remember to get all the "going's on" to me by 5:00 PM on
the Friday prior to the Sunday you would like the post to run.  Thank you!!.

Kudos Corner.

Sarah Patnaude, longtime Virginia Federationist and former affiliate
corresponding secretary, left Virginia to conquer Louisiana and master her
Master's Degree at the Louisiana Training Center.  She  moved again and was
recently hired by our NFB of Minnesota training center BLIND, (Blindness
Learning in New Dimensions) as a travel teacher.  Let's raise a  glass  and
toast our Sister, clap, and give her a  huge hip,  hip,  hurrah! Way to go
Sarah.  I'm sure she would love to hear from her Virginia Family.  Drop her
a  line at Patnaude.Sarah at yahoo.com <mailto:Patnaude.Sarah at yahoo.com> .  Let
her know how proud of her we are and give her love and congratulations!

Keep that glass raised and those hands clapping for Evelyn Valdez!  She has
been asked to be on a  panel of "Radical, confident women in the National
Federation of the Blind".  Mark your calendars for September 29th, at 7:00
PM to tune in.  More information to follow as we get closer to the date.
They certainly chose correctly when they picked Evelyn, Rock on Girl!

Spotlight On.

Hey Members of the Affiliate,

What is going on September 13th?  Well, I am glad you asked.

Come join the black empowerment committee for an interactive Q and A town
hall session while we explore various interesting topics.

Theme:  Empowerment through experience and knowledge

WHEN:  September 13th 2021

TIME:  7-8:30 PM

Where: Virginia Affiliate Zoom(see below).

Clear your calendars, this is something you don't want to miss.

The next Tidewater Chapter Meeting will take place Saturday, September 18,
2021.  It will be both in person and via Zoom.  The in person meeting will
take place at Bangkok Gardens, 417 West 21st Street, Norfolk, VA 23517.  If
you are coming for lunch, please arrive at 1 PM.  The meeting will start at
2 PM-3:30 PM in person and on Zoom.  The Zoom meeting details are below.
Please let me know if you are joining us for lunch by this Thursday at 12
Noon.  We have a lot to discuss regarding future activities.  I look forward
to being with all of you this Saturday!

Warm regards,

Stewart Prost, President, Tidewater Chapter, NFB of Virginig

Phone: 757-572-6891

Email: sprost82 at gmail.com <mailto:sprost82 at gmail.com>

Stewart Prost is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NFB of Virginia, Tidewater Chapter Meeting
Time: Sep 18, 2021 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3661685508?pwd=a2RwY0o5TWVIa2xBbDBPSEJzL0l2QT09

Meeting ID: 366 168 5508
Passcode: 21211955
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,3661685508#,,,,*21211955# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,3661685508#,,,,*21211955# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

Meeting ID: 366 168 5508
Passcode: 21211955

Ladies Night.September 18th

Starting at 7:00 PM. Hobbies and crafts.  Do you crochet, knit, do puzzles
or yoga, dance, do wine tastings or read?  Join us and tell everyone how you
relax and what makes you happy and stress free. ATTENTION LADIES NIGHT WILL
BE ON THE 1st AND 3rd SATURDAY'S OF  THE MONTH.

The National Seniors Division will hold a Virtual Retreat from September
19-25.  Several Virginia seniors plan to attend.  Agenda items include:

cane Travel

Daily  Living skills

Technology

Guest speakers on topics of interest to blind seniors.

For additional information about the Virginia Seniors Division, send email
to seniors at gmail.com

Many of our Chapters are meeting in person, please check the Chapter
Meetings section to join in a   meeting.  All meetings are open to the
public.    Chapters and Divisions are using the Affiliate Zoom link, if a
meeting is using an alternate platform, the phone number or instructions to
join will follow the meeting name.

Here's how to join:

Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345> tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter and Division Meetings.

At Large, Tuesday, September 14th, 8  pm  conference call number
877-394-5901meeting i.d. 6149670

Prince William Wednesday, September 15th, 7:30  pm

Fairfax, Thursday, September 16th 7  pm

Winchester, Saturday,  September 18th, 10:00 AM. Solenberger's True Value
Hardware, 832 Berryville Avenue, Winchester,  22601.  Call in number is
978-990-5395. The meeting id number is 1566808.

Peninsula, Saturday, September 18th, 11:00 am.  Conference call number
605-475-4825  meeting id 549778

Tidewater, Saturday , September 18th 2:00 PM (lunch at 1:00 PM ). Bangkok
Gardens, 417 West 21st Street, Norfolk 23517.  Personal zoom, Stewart's,
used.

Greater Williamsburg, Monday, September 20th 6  pm. Center Street Grill,
5101 Center Street, Williamsburg,23188.

Seniors Division, Wednesday, September 22nd 7:00 pm

Greater Alexandria no meeting this month.  Tune in next month for another
thought provoking meeting.

Chesapeake Bay, Saturday, September 25th 11 AM.  Gus and George's Spaghetti
and Steak House, 4312 Virginia Beach Blvd., Va. Beach, zip  23456. Conf.
call phone num. 605 468 8758  and the access code is 197498.

Richmond, Monday, September 27th 6:30 PM.

Happiness is when  what you think, what you say and what you do are in
harmony -Gandhi

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want