[NFBV-Announce] {Spam?} Check it out!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 18:34:23 UTC 2022

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Hope everyone has had a  great week! Check out what's happening with your
NFBV Family this week and stay tuned for Chapter Meetings and events
starting next week.

Kudos Corner.

Del Bailey, a  loved, respected and much valued, member of the Greater
Williamsburg Chapter will be thanked and honored, read below  and join in
thanking him for his service. Carol Bailey, Del's  wife, writes, Have  you
ever heard of Honor Flights?  If not I suggest you Google it.  In our case
it is a bus ride and not a plane ride.

Dal has been asked to go this year and each Veteran needs a Guardian.  Dal
has asked our grandson Lucas Tucker, Jeff's son to be his guardian.  Lucas
is in the Navy stationed in Norfolk.  It is a honor to be asked to go and to
be a guardian.  Our friends that have gone before, say it is such a
wonderful day and one they will never forget.

On the way home, they present an envelope to each veteran that contains
letters, cards, postcards, etc that have been sent to the address below or
any other item you would like to give to the veteran thanking them for their
service, telling them how proud you are of them, or just something to help
them remember this trip.

Dal is scheduled to go to the World War II, Korean War and Vietnam War
Memorials on April 23.  This is also Dal's birthday.

Please start sending your cards,letters etc.  All correspondence must arrive
before April 15 to assure that Dal will receive them on the trip.

Send to

Old Dominion Honor Flight

Attn:  Mail Call for Dalene Bailey

P O Box 3757

Portsmouth, VA  23701

Thanks for all your help to make this a special day for Dal & Lucas.

Carrol

Congratulations to Stewart Prost!

Beth El Men's Club is excited to announce that Stewart Prost will be their
Blue Yarmulke Person-of-the-Year. He, along with the nominees from Temple
Israel in Norfolk and Rodef Shalom in Newport News, will be honored at Beth
El on Sunday, April 10th, at 10 a.m. There will be a brunch followed by the
ceremony. A hearty Yasher Koach to Stewart, who is our Men's Club Vice
President of Communications. He does so much for the Men's Club and Beth El.
He is a most worthy honoree.

<https://files.constantcontact.com/a07f5d0d101/c99ed2f2-3df5-4d8b-a35c-286fe
7502caf.png>

Spotlight On.

TPGi is recruiting individuals to participate in a usability study conducted
by a federal government agency in the Baltimore Maryland area. The study
will be focused on the accessibility of check-in kiosk machines. We are
looking for participants who meet all of the following criteria:

           1.      Are considered legally blind or regarded as blind, but do
not have any additional disability

           2.      Are not Federal employees or contractors of the Social
Security Administration

           3.      Are aged 18 or over

           4.      Are fluent in English

           5.      Have a Government-issued identity card

           6.      Are available to travel to a location in Baltimore to
take part in a study between April 6th and 8th

We expect the study to involve you carrying out some tasks using a kiosk
device, and answering some questions about your experience. We expect the
study will last approximately 60 minutes. If selected to participate, you
will receive a gift card to the value of US$150 as compensation for your
time.

The study will take place on-site at a Government agency headquarters. All
participants will be required to show government-issued ID in order to
access the study location, and to wear a face mask for the duration of the
study. Please fill out the form at the following link to indicate your
interest in participating in the study.
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/tpgi-research-april22>
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/tpgi-research-april22

Best wishes,

Jonathan Cohn

You've got plans Sunday night at 7:00 PM. Well, of course you do. It's time
to get excited about Pampered Chef products and raise some money for the
NFBV state convention in October.

Are you a hampered chef who would prefer to be a pampered chef?

The Potomac Chapter has something simmering and waiting for you to step in
and stir things up, season things with your presence and your enthusiasm, in
support of our upcoming state convention.

All are welcome, either at the Sunday evening, April 3, Zoom activity,
and/or the online link. Information for both is provided below. So spread
the word.

>From Rachel Schreiman:

Please support the Potomac Chapter as we sponsor a fundraiser to help fund
our upcoming state convention. We will be hosting a Pampered Chef
Fundraiser. The live event will occur on Zoom and include a fun bingo game
with a prize on Sunday April 3rd at 7PM. Can't make the Zoom party? No
worries, you can still purchase great kitchen products and support the
convention. You can use the link below to access our party and order to
support our effort. Our consultant Cindy can also be reached at

(951) 235-5486 for personalized shopping assistance.

Get more information and shop by clicking this link:
<https://www.pamperedchef.com/party/nfbpotomacchapter>
https://www.pamperedchef.com/party/nfbpotomacchapter

Join us on April 3rd at 7PM for a fun Bingo party:

Rachel Schreiman is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NFB Pampered Chef Fundraiser

Time: Apr 3, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89124185183?pwd=dUZ5NUU0dXhGUWRpRm4wbkduazEvUT09>
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89124185183?pwd=dUZ5NUU0dXhGUWRpRm4wbkduazEvUT09

Meeting ID: 891 2418 5183

Passcode: 1234

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,89124185183#

I am pleased to announce that an addition has been  made  to the Newsline
newspapers available in Virginia.

The new paper is the Waynesboro News Virginian. Waynesboro is located near
the intersection of I81 and I64 in the Shenandoah Valley.

I read this paper and  liked its area coverage.

*	 Other newspapers on newsline in Virginia include; the Associated
Press, Free Lance Star, News Virginian, Richmond Times Dispatch, Roanoke
Times, Stars and Stripes, Staunton News Leader, and Hampton Roads Virginian
Pilot.

All blind people now have equal access to the News Virginian  along with
over 500 other print and online news sources in addition to emergency
weather alerts, seven-day forecast, job listings, television listings and
weekly store circulars. If you are seeking more information about what
NFB-NEWSLINE can offer, visit: https://nfbnewsline.org
<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnfbnewsli
ne.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7Ceadffd4effcd49fc7e4c08da129bd47e%7C84df9e7fe9f64
0afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637842757735582438%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJ
WIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata
=n8%2F96K6AiNLW3z%2FuQnHpaZlJSCwP9eg8Pq6%2BBjeX0ak%3D&reserved=0>

John Halverson, Virginia Newsline Coordinator

Chapter and Division Meetings.

Please stay tuned and check this section out each week to learn where and
how to join one or many of our Chapter Meetings. Please check out our Face
Book page to be a  part of all the happenings within your NFBV Chapters,
Divisions and Committees.

Hi Members and Friends,

As the Fairfax Chapter of the NFB becomes more active with the (hopefully)
end of the pandemic, we are planning lots of informative and fun meetings
and activities. If you are a good friend (of course you are) you'll want to
share all this good stuff with your friends and family so they won't miss
out on the action.

So, be a great friend by letting everyone know how they can subscribe to our
chapter list. We will be virtual for a while, so anyone is welcome to join
us to celebrate all the great things the chapter is up to.

To subscribe to the action, go to this link:

Just fill out a few form fields and let the fun begin!

Again, sharing is one of the best ways you can show you care. So, share the
message of the Fairfax Chapter of the NFB with everyone by letting them know
how to subscribe!

John Bailey

nfbvfairfax at gmail.com <mailto:nfbvfairfax at gmail.com>

Chapter Secretary

Cheerleader #2

703.994.204

Nothing is impossible. The word itself is I'm possible. -Audrey Hepburn

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want