[NFBV-Announce] Your weekly update! Enjoy

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 02:14:27 UTC 2022

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

I  hope everyone is doing well and surviving in all of this pollen and crazy
hot and cold weather. Grab an iced tea and a  picnic basket  or a  cup of
hot coffee and a  fuzzy blankie, depending on the minute, and read on!

Spotlight On.

Hi Friends of Virginia!

You are invited to join the NFB of SC on Friday April 15, 2022 at 8:00 PM
eastern for Trivia Night! We hope you will join us for some fun and friendly
competition! Below is the Zoom information you will need to join us. We are
asking people to Email David Bundy to go ahead and place people on teams,
his Email address is below.

bundy at pobox.com <mailto:bundy at pobox.com>

Braille Buddies is on every week on Tuesday nights! Now, there is also a
Braille Study Group on Saturday mornings. Tony May, one of our own, runs
both meetings! These groups are for anyone and everyone, from the beginner
to the expert. Join in and have some Braille Fun!

Here is the link for both Braille Buddies on Tuesday nights from 7 PM to 9
PM and Braille Study Group on Saturdays from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM.  I'm
leading both of them.

https://nypl.zoom.us/j/81824972219?pwd=NDZ3UGR1S3FrSGhsRGN0T2pxVFZjZz09

Meeting ID: 818 2497 2219

Passcode: AH4020

One tap mobile

+19292056099,,81824972219# US (New York)

Hope to see you there,

Tony

Please, please promote the Pampered Chef link.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/party/nfbpotomacchapter

 The bingo party may be over (congratulations to winner Nancy Yeager) but
the fund-raiser is not. Last night, Rachel informed us that the time for
purchasing is being extended through the end of the month, and we will
receive *30* percent, that's right, thirty percent, of sales which use the
link for purchases made. Aside from raising money for our state convention
in October, There are many reasons to purchase something: for your own
kitchen, Mother's Day, Father's Day, graduations, and of course, to perhaps
donate a door prize to a chapter or affiliate auction, or to the National
Convention. We have already raised about $500 toward our upcoming state
convention. Please spread the word, and don't forget to send the link with
the word. Send to family, to friends, to groups to which you are a member.
Let's do this.

Christine Faltz Grassman, President, Potomac Chapte

Experience is a  hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson
after. -Vernon Sanders Law

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want