[NFBV-Announce] Allen Harris Obituary & recording of Funeral

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 09:08:57 UTC 2022

Hi Virginia Federationists,

I realized that I failed to distribute details about the passing of a
tremendous leader in the National Federation of the Blind and  a good
friend.

Allen was a warm, genuine, fun, humble and caring leader  and friend. He was
a role model to thousands of blind people across this country and he will be
truly missed.

I provide the  link to the obituary below. On that page, you  can also find
a link to listen to the recorded funeral. The recording has 5 minutes of
background noise before the actual ceremony starts.

https://www.voranfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Allen-C-Harris?obId=25596785#/ob
ituaryInfo

The service was on Tuesday, August 16.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want