[NFBV-Announce] Caught in the Middle: The Challenge of Fitting In When You Can Still See

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 13:49:50 UTC 2022

Have you ever considered what it must feel like to have enough sight
to get around but not quite enough to seamlessly blend in? The trouble
is, this segment of our membership does not always feel completely at
ease amongst people who are totally blind either. It's easy to fall
into a shifting gray area where people do not quite feel as though
they fit in anywhere.

Join us this evening at 7 PM. As part of the Greater Alexandria
Chapter, we'll host a discussion about navigating this delicate limbo,
and more importantly, how you can start to get yourself out of it.
I'll be joined by my friend, Randi Strunk, who not only understood
what it was like to experience this state but who ultimately learned
why it was important to pick up skills along the way. She has a
fascinating story, but equally important, you have an intriguing
story. We think this is a vulnerable discussion you may not want to
miss. Perhaps you know someone who can also relate and should
participate as well?

Alright, over to Renee for the full announcement.

Hello Everyone , and Happy, Happy New Year!
**First things first!  IF YOU ARE A GAC MEMBER, IT'S TIME TO PAY OUR
ANNUAL DUES.  PLEASE PAY $5.00 DUES VIA OUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT:
NFBVGAC1 at GMAIL.COM.
 (Instructions Below)  If you are not a GAC Member, why the hell not!?
Now the juicy stuff!
It's that time again!  Are you ready to kick off the new year with a
super-duper fantabulous Greater Alexandria Chapter Meeting?  I sure
hope so, because we've got one doosie of a meeting planned!
WHEN:  Thursday, January 27, 2022 (THIS THURSDAY!)
TIME:  7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
WHO:  YOU, SILLY! Hee, hee!
WHERE:  NFBV ZOOM Link:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?d=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

One Tap Mobile: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Let me entice you with the razzling-dazzling, tantalizingly engaging,
not to mention extraordinarily informative and meaningful Group
Interactive Experience
of Ms. Randi Strunk and Mr. Joe Orozco, with their "Don't Just Think
Out of the Box...Kick that Box to the Moon!" This will be the BEST 45
minutes of your
week!  Hee, hee!
We also have lots of other exciting stuff to discuss, like:

• The NFB National Convention in New Orleans, Louisiana, July 2022
• The McDonald Fellow Scholarship for first-time Conventioners
• Our exciting Treasurer's Report
• Connecting our National NFB with our Local NFB--and more greatest
hits!  Let's have a Watch Party!
• NFB Washington Seminar - in the House!...and Senate!  In February!  Ha, ha!

OH!  Here is how to pay your dues:
If you DO have a PayPal Account:
 I.              Log in to your PayPal Account.
II.              Click on "My Account: in the upper right-hand corner
III.           Click on "Send" located at the top and to the right
IV.          In the box under the phrase "Send Money", enter the GAC
email address:
NFBVGAC1 at gmail.com
V.              After you type it in the box, it should appear inside the box
VI.          Click "Next"
VII.       Enter the amount of money you are paying -- $5.00
VIII.   In the box where it says "Add a note" please type in what it
is for, (ie. dues,             donation, etc.)
IX.          Click "Continue"
X.              You should be asked to review your transaction and
confirm by clicking             "Send"
XI.          Relish in the warm, fuzzy feeling that comes from paying
your annual             dues!

If you DO NOT have PayPal, please contact Renee Valdez at
reneerome at yahoo.com or by phone or text at (703) 966-0836.  I will
send a "Request for Payment"
from PayPal that will allow you to pay your dues.

If you have any questions or comments or need assistance with PayPal,
please don't hesitate to reach out to Renee.
See you on ZOOM tonight , at 6:55 p.m.

--
Joe Orozco: Your Message, My Mission
https://joeorozco.com/services/