[NFBV-Announce] check it out...and zoom

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 02:12:21 UTC 2022

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

I  hope everyone has had a  great week and that you have been able to enjoy
this beautiful sunny weather! Welcome to June and, hopefully, summer.

Kudos Corner

Let’s hear it for Chris Walker
he was a  guest on Barry Lee’s podcast in
Winchester. Check it out and hear about some of the things our Winchester
Chapter is doing in the NFBV.
https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/barrylee/Podcast_303_Mixdown.mp3

Spotlight On

PLEASE NOTE: The Potomac Chapter will be meeting this Thursday, June 9th on
zoom only! They will not be meeting in person. Please join the Potomac
Chapter starting at 7  PM on the Affiliate’s Zoom, see the link below.

The Diversity , Equity and Inclusion Committee will be hosting its second
Fireside Diversity Chat on the week of June 13th.  Please check for the
details in next week's NFBV Announce.

Our first Fireside Diversity Chat, in May, was well attended and everyone
got involved in a very robust discussion!  I think we all learned so much
from our evening together!

This second Fireside Diversity Chat will feature a discussion to honor LGBTQ
Pride month.  We hope you will check out next week's NFBV Announce to find
out the specific date, time and Zoom link information.  Hope to see you
there!

For information, contact Renee Valdez, reneerome at yahoo.com
<mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com>  or 703-966-0839

Renée F. Valdez, M.A.

Secretary/Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind,

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Chair, NFB of Virginia,

Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee

Co-Chair, NFB of Virginia,

Fundraising Committee

Vice President, Northern VA Regional Local Human Rights Committee

(703) 966-0836

The Greater Alexandria Chapter is planning an exciting event in June!

WOLFTRAP PRESENTS:  BROADWAY IN THE PARK!

Featuring Kelli O'Hara (HBOs "The Guilded Age") and Virginia native,
Adrienne Warren (The Tina Turner Musical, for which she won a Tony Award).
This is Wolftrap's second annual night of stellar show tunes and
performances.  It is sure to excite and entertain!

Scheduled for Friday, June 24, 2022 at 8:00 p.m. we've got a block of seats
in the Rear Orchestra Covered Seating area.  If we get 20 or more of our NFB
friends to attend this amazing show, we will get a discounted group rate of
$50 per person!

They had me at COVERED SEATING!

We are also inviting you to join us for an optional and fabulous Itlaian
dinner at Mia's Italian Kitchen in Old Town Alexandria at 4:00 p.m.  This
will give our group plenty of time to trek to Wolftrap in time for the show!

If you are interested in this exciting BROADWAY IN THE PARK event, and/or
the dinner, please RSVP to Renee Valdez via email at reneerome at yahoo.com
<mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com> .   Please include your preferred email address
and phone number, as well as how many people and who will be attending and
their contact information.

I will need to know which event you are attending, the Broadway in the Park,
or Mia's Italian Kitchen.  We have to have a headcount for both.

Please RSVP and send your payment of $50.00 by Friday, June 10, 2022, 11:59
p.m.

Here is how to pay:

If you DO have a PayPal Account:

 1.  Log in to your PayPal Account.

2.     Click on "My Account: in the upper right-hand corner

3.     Click on "Send" located at the top and to the right

4.      In the box under the phrase "Send Money", enter the GAC email
address:   <mailto:NFBVGAC1 at gmail.com> NFBVGAC1 at gmail.com

5.     After you type it in the box, it should appear inside the box

6.     Click "Next"

7.      Enter the amount of $50.00

8.      In the box where it says "Add a note" please type in BROADWAY IN THE
PARK

9.      Click "Continue"

10. You should be asked to review your transaction and confirm by clicking
"Send"

If you DO NOT have PayPal account, please contact Renee Valdez at
reneerome at yahoo.com <mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com>  or by phone or text at
(703) 966-0836.  I will send a "Request for Payment" from PayPal that will
allow you to pay.

If you have any questions, please contact me by email, reneerome at yahoo.com
<mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com>  or phone 703-966-0836

Renée F. Valdez, M.A.

Secretary/Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind,

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Chair, NFB of Virginia,

Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee

Co-Chair, NFB of Virginia,

Fundraising Committee

Vice President, Northern VA Regional Local Human Rights Committee

(703) 966-0836

Here’s how to join the Affiliate’s Zoom:

Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#  <tel:%20+13017158592,,8297256345>
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

I’d rather die standing then live on my knees! -Shania Twain

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work
together to help blind people live the lives they want