[NFBV-Announce] 2022 BELL Academy In Home Edition and In Person Opportunities - Openings still exist for low vision and blind students 4-12 this Summer

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 03:30:13 UTC 2022

From: Louise Walch, Virginia BELL Academy Coordinator louisewalch at gmail.com
<mailto:louisewalch at gmail.com>  Spring is in full swing and with summer fast
approaching, it is time to register your blind or Low vision child for BELL
camp!

NFB Bell Academy is where children ages 4 through 12 go to learn braille and
other non-visual skills through fun hands-on activities with top notch
teachers and in the company of friends.

We have both virtual and in person options this year.

Bell in-home edition is our three week virtual Bell camp beginning July 18
through August 5. Families receive a box full of all the materials and tools
they will need to participate in daily zoom classes alongside peers from
around the country.

For those who prefer a traditional in person experience, children from
Virginia are especially invited to attend a two week daycamp in Baltimore
Maryland beginning July 25 through August 5. This is a day camp, but limited
on site accommodations are available for families upon request. Please
contact me, Louise Walch, or Maryland coordinator, Britney Bomboy for
details.

One Virginia parent recently said this:

My daughter  has attended BELL camp 2 years in a row and has improved more
and more each year! She really enjoys the activities, games, hearing her
peers, and learning more letters. We continue to use the resources and games
presented in each lesson throughout the year. We love BELL Academy!

Registration is free to families.  Please share and register today at:

Www.nfb.org/bell <http://Www.nfb.org/bell>