[NFBV-Announce] 2 Welcome to the Federation Membership Events

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 22:27:25 UTC 2023

Hi Virginia Federation Members

We've heard requests to provide more information about what it means to be a
member of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) and the NFB of
Virginia. Some innovative state affiliates provide cross chapter regional
seminars to help people learn more about the NFB. We think we can take good
ideas from other state affiliates and make them even better in Virginia.

To meet this need, we are happy  to provide some upcoming regional
membership seminars  to provide  a forum to ask questions and learn more.

Topics to be covered include:

*	What do we mean by our positive philosophy on blindness and what are
the key tenants?
*	What is the role of our National Organization, Our State Affiliate
and Our Local Chapters and Divisions
*	What are our committees, divisions, groups at a Virginia and
national level and how can you get involved?
*	How does  the NFB and NFBV decide our priorities
*	How can you leverage the NFB network to help you achieve your
personal goals?

Our intention is to provide plenty of opportunity for discussion and
questions.

As of now, we have planned 2 regional sessions
A) Saturday morning, May 13 from 10:00 AM to Noon at the Westin Tysons
Corner in Falls church in conjunction with the NFBV Board of Directors
meeting. Starting at Noon, we will run the Federation Philosophy Fest lunch
where we will have an interactive  discussion of our positive philosophy led
by Federation leader Joanne Wilson.

Registration for the May 13 event including signing up for lunch can be
found at:

https://nfbv.org/spring

If you wish to attend the May 13 event, we kindly ask you to register  by
May 6 so we can get a solid count on the lunch. . Our $15 boxed lunch is a
subsidized  price and we can only offer boxed lunch to those who register.
Payment will be made in person but we need you to register by May 6.

B) Saturday afternoon, June 3  at 1:00 PM in Williamsburg at the Greater
Williamsburg Chapter meeting. The regional seminar will happen during the
first 75 minutes of the chapter meeting to be held in the James City County
Recreation Center, 5301 Longhill road, Williamsburg,  Virginia. the chapter
meeting runs from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.

Individuals wishing to attend the Membership Seminar in Williamsburg who are
not members of the Greater Williamsburg Chapter should simply contact Tracy
soforenko at the email below.

While these events are designed for new members, we believe many would
benefit from participation in these sessions.

These sessions are open to individuals across our chapters and divisions
including individuals who are not members of the NFB of Virginia or its
chapters.

Invest in yourself by attending one of these valuable membership seminars.

We look forward to learning with you and getting to know you at these
upcoming events.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want