[NFBV-Announce] Important Note Regarding Convention Exhibits

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 03:53:46 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

A week or so ago you might recall President Soforenko distributed a message
calling for volunteers to fill various roles in the affiliate. Thank you to
everyone who has already raised their hand to cover some of those
responsibilities.

Unfortunately, I still don't have any takers for the sponsorships
coordinator or exhibits manager. Though separate roles, the two are kind of
a harmonious marriage. If I don't get someone to cover the sponsorship role,
I may have to cover it myself, but if I have to cover it myself, I'm
canceling the exhibit hall. I've already procured presidential approval.
I'll simply have to find other creative ways to incentivize companies to
invest in our convention.

Mind you, this is not me behaving like the wrong side of a horse. But there
is a limit to what I can deliver given all my responsibilities, and if we
register more than 250 individuals for the state convention like we did last
year, surely there are a few candidates interested in writing emails and
making calls to make our sponsorships program a successful endeavor. The
exhibits hall could be a dynamic component of the convention experience, but
I'm asking you, or someone you know, to step up and help me pull it off.

I'm setting August 25 as the deadline to pull the plug. Even this deadline
is already pushing it considering the amount of work it takes to properly
plan and execute a sponsorships program with a built-in exhibits plank, but
I really want us to conduct as thorough of a canvas for a few good people to
save the day.

Thank you for reading, and for acting, and for being a friend and making my
life easier, and for helping me do what we can to bring a bunch of awesome
vendors to the convention.

Here's the link to raise your hand:

https://nfbv.org/volunteer

Yours sincerely,