[NFBV-Announce] What's happening and zoom, January 1, 2023!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 06:58:10 UTC 2023

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Happy New Year! I hope this year is one filled with peace, health, happiness
and love for each and everyone!

We will be doing new and exciting member information, NFBV facts and well,
you'll have to follow us each week.I don't want to give away all of the
Communications Committee's secrets!

Kudos Corner.

Raise Your Glass and give a cheer for Domonique Lawless, President, Richmond
Chapter! Domonique accepted a new position at DBVI as the Director of Low
Vision and Orientation  and Mobility services. She will transition to her
new role later in January.   Way to go and congratulations Dom!

On a less happy note, Jim Walker, Treasurer, Winchester Chapter, has had
triple bypass heart surgery On December 23rd.  His initial surgery went
well, however, Jim has had a few set backs and is still in the CCU. Please
keep Jim, Chris and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Chris says "I'd be more than happy to speak to anybody regarding Jim and a
current update as things are changing every day. I could be reached at
540-303-0080.

I want to thank the Federation family that have already reached out to me
regarding Jim. love to the Federation family!"

Did you know? There will be a Silver Bells (a program for low vision and
blind seniors aged 55 and older) meet and greet on Saturday, January 7th,
from 1 thru 3 PM on the Affiliate's Zoom. Join us to learn more!

Here's how to join our Affiliate's Zoom:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile

tell: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. -Ralph
Waldo Emerson.

Our Chapter Meeting Information.

Blue Ridge Chapter

Woodrow Berry, President

Home: (434) 293-7631

Lynn heart, Treasurer

Cell: (434) 409-8013

E-mail: lmeheart at yahoo.com

Contact chapter for meeting times.

Eastern Shore Chapter

Althea Pittman

Phone: 757-787-3853

E-mail: vaescil at gmail.com

Contact the chapter for current meeting times.

Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Fourth Saturday from 11 AM to 1:30 PM,  at the Gus and
George's Spaghetti and Steakhouse, 4312 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach,
23452.

Virtual Meeting Information: None, in person only.

Fairfax Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Third Thursday from 7 to 8:30 PM,  at the Red Hot & Blue,
4150 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax 22030.

Virtual Meeting Information: None, in person only.

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Fourth Thursday of most months from 7 to 9pm.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Greater Williamsburg Chapter

Chapter meeting: Second Tuesday of each month, from 6to 8pm at the Center
Street Grill, 5101 Center Street, Williamsburg 23188.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Peninsula Chapter

Chapter meeting:

Virtual Meeting Information:

Potomac Chapter

Chapter meeting:

Virtual Meeting Information:

Prince William Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month, from 2 to 3PM.

Virtual Meeting Information:   Phone 605-313-5562 passcode, 293383.

We occasionally meet at Bar Louie, 15001 Potomac Town Place, Woodbridge,
22191, follow this weekly announcement to learn when we will be in person.

Richmond Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Fourth Monday of the month from 6:30-8:30 PM in the
assembly room of the Administrative Activities Building at VDBI, 401 Azalea
Ave. Richmond 23227.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Tidewater Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month from 2PM to 3:30PM at
Bangkok Gardens, 417 W. 21st St., Norfolk, 23517 (lunch begins at 1 PM).

Virtual Meeting Information:  Call Stewart Prost, 757-572-6891 for zoom
link.

Winchester Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month from 10 AM to 11:30 AM at
Sollenberger True Value Hardware, 832 Berryville Ave., Winchester, 22601.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Phone number 978-990-5395.  Access Code
156-6808.

At-Large Chapter

Chapter meeting:   Third Tuesday of the month from 8 PM to 9 PM, August
through May, with a face to face reception held during state convention.

Designed to meet the needs of Virginians who do not live near a local
chapter.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom

.

Senior Division

Chapter Meeting: Fourth Wednesday of the month from 7 to 9 PM.

Virtual meeting information: Uses Affiliate Zoom

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

RISE/Silver Bells Outreach Coordinator

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want