[NFBV-Announce] Agenda for the Monday (1/16) NFB of Virginia Board meeting and Richmond Seminar Preparation

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:49:25 UTC 2023

2023 January 16 Richmond Seminar BOD Agenda

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV)

Meeting of the Board of Directors

Monday, January 16, 2023

We are conducting this meeting as an in-person meeting with access via Zoom.

1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.

12:45 Pre-Arrival and renaming of participants accessing via telephone

We expect to rename people in a waiting room before allowing access to the
meeting.

The in-person meeting details:

Location: DBVI Library & Resource Center

397 Azalea Avenue

Richmond, VA 23227

For those who cannot attend in person, we will be streaming the meeting over
Zoom. No one will be presenting over Zoom but we will allow for questions
from Zoom participants.

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

Passcode: 20201940

One tap mobile

+13017158592,,8297256345# US (Washington DC)

Telephone Dial: (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

Passcode: 2020 1940

I.	Call to order
II.	Roll call of Members and introduction of guests
III.	Reading & Approval of minutes from NFB of Virginia Business Meeting
October 30, 2022 - Christine Grassman, Recording Secretary
IV.	Treasurer's report - Mark Roane, Treasurer
V.	Project RISE Update - Joe Orozco and Ally Kelso
VI.	Silver Bells Update - Sandy Halverson
VII.	BELL Academy Update - Louise Walch
VIII.	Taming the Shark - Tracy Soforenko
IX.	2023 National Convention

a.      Dates and location; July 1-6, Houston, Texas - Hilton Americas
Houston with overflow at the Marriott Marquis Houston

b.      Fundraising at the Virginia Table - Earl Everett

c.	McDonald Fellowship / Jernigan Scholarship - Mary Durbin

IX.	Reminder of the need to have chapter pledges to the following by the
May Board meeting:

a.	White Cane Fund
b.	Jacobus tenBroek Fund
c.	Shares Unlimited in the NFB (SUN)
d.	Jernigan Fund
e.	NFB Camp.

XI.	Addressing Any Appearance of Conflict of Interest for individuals
receiving compensation from NFBV- Tracy Soforenko

XII.	Divisions

a.	Students - Ally Kelso
b.	Seniors - Patty Droppers
c.	Merchants - Yasiah Hurtado
d.	Virginia Parents of Blind Children - Beth Sellers

XIII.	NFBV Committee Assignments and Reports

a.	Membership - John Halverson
b.	NFB of Virginia James Nelson Scholarship - Jimmy Morris
c.	Public Outreach/Meet the Blind Month - Corlis Jones and Uricka
Harrison
d.	Convention Operations & Logistics - Joe Orozco
e.	Communications - Jacki Bruce

f.       Fundraising - Renee Valdez and Earl Everett

g.      Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Renee Valdez

h.	Legislative

                                                    i.     Washington
Seminar - Deepa Goraya

                                                   ii.     Richmond Seminar
Bonnie O'Day

XIV.	Richmond Seminar - Bonnie O'Day

a.	2023 Legislative Priorities - Bonnie O'Day
b.	Team assignments - Stewart Prost

XV.	Other business
XVI.	Next Meeting, Saturday, May 13 - Location TBD

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>

www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>

www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want