[NFBV-Announce] what's happening and zoom! June 11th

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 02:15:34 UTC 2023

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Another fantastic week! Please read on and join your GAC family for Broadway
in the park or your Tidewater family's chapter meeting and learn more about
Newsline and accessible newspapers from WHRO, the Virginia Voice and then
spend Saturday night with your girlfriends on Ladies Night! We are "stronger
together" have fun and support YOUR NFB FAMILY!

Kudos Corner.

Greater Alexandria is at it again! Read on and join for Broadway in the
park. A great group, a great price and great fun!

Hey everybody!  The deadline is fast approaching to reserve you seat at the
show next Friday!  Please read the message below for the information and
RSVP by next Tuesday!  We need 20 people in those seats to secure our
fabulous negotiated price for Prime Orchestra Seating!  Don't delay!  And
remember...transportation is available!

Hello Friends!

The Greater Alexandria Chapter is doing it again...BROADWAY IN THE PARK,
that is!

When:  Friday, June 16th at 8:00 p.m.

Where:  Wolftrap, 1645 Trap Road Vienna, Virginia 22182

Here is the link to this year's Braodway in the Park::

https://www.wolftrap.org/calendar/performance/23filene/0616show23.aspx#datet
ime=06162023T200000

Working with our connection at Wolftrap, we were able to secure a block of
seats in the PRIME ORCHESTRA section, normally priced at $83!  We have
locked in a discounted price of $66.40 per person!  That is a deal in
itself, right?  BUT...wait for it...The Greater Alexandria Chapter will
secure your reservation fot a measley $60 per person and will pay the
leftover amount of $6.40 for all who RSVP!  YES!  You read that right!

AND...we are working to arrange for transportation to and from Wolftrap.
Details will be shared with all who RSVP.

So...please don't delay!  June 16th is NEXT Friday!  The deadline to RSVP is
Tuesday, June 13th.  To RSVP, please send your $60 per person to our Zelle
account using our email, NFBVGAC1 at GMAIL.COM <mailto:NFBVGAC1 at GMAIL.COM>

If you don't have Zell, please contact me right away by email,
reneerome at yahoo.com <mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com>  or phone, 703-966-0836.

I hope to see you all on the 16th at Wolftrap!

Renee Valdez

(703) 966-0836

Spotlight On.

Greetings all,

I hope everyone is doing well.  If you live anywhere in the Hampton Roads
area, from Williamsburg to Virginia Beach and everywhere in between, you
will not want to miss the next meeting of the Tidewater Chapter of the
National Federation of the Blind of Virginia.  Here are the particulars of
when and where:

When: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 2-4 PM.

Where: WHRO Public Media, 5200 Hampton Blvd, Norfolk, VA 235508.  Please
enter the building through the Employee/Volunteer entrance, which is the 2nd
door on the left when you come into the building's parking lot. We will be
meeting in their Teleconference Room. The meeting will also be on Zoom.  The
Zoom link details appear at the bottom of this email.

This meeting will focus on accessing newspapers and other reading material.
We are pleased to have two presenters:

*	Jim Holzer, Director, WHRO (Hampton Roads) Voice
*	John Halverson, Virginia Coordinator, Newsline for the Blind

Both of our presenters will talk about ways that blind and low vision
persons can access newspapers and other reading materials.  Please come and
have your questions ready for our presenters.  Although we will be streaming
the meeting via zoom, it would be great to have as many people there in
person as possible.  Since we have two speakers, our meeting will run for
two hours.  Please reserve your transportation to leave at or after 4 PM.
We will also announce and start an exciting fundraiser for our chapter.

In order to make sure that we have a seat for everyone who wants to come,
please let me know by Thursday, June 15 @ 5 PM.  My contact information
appears at the bottom of this email.

Of course anyone from any of our chapters, as well as members of  the
general public are welcome and encouraged to join us, either in person or
virtually.  I look forward to seeing all of you there!

Stewart Prost, President, Tidewater Chapter, NFB of Virginia

Phone: 757-572-6891

Email: sprost82 at gmail.con <mailto:sprost82 at gmail.con>

CALLING ALL LADIES.

The 3rd Saturday of the Month is here and we all know what that means,
right? It means joining your girlfriends on Saturday, June 17th from 7 thru
9 PM on the affiliate's zoom. We'll be chatting about all things SUMMER! How
do you spend your Summer? Do you vacation and if so, where? What makes a
perfect picnic? What is your favorite or least favorite thing about Summer?
Is Summer different for you now then when you were a kid? Summer, summer,
and more summer be there for chat and laughter with your girlfriends!

The Virginia Ladies will be attending National Convention on the 1st
Saturday of July. The 3rd Saturday will be a cooking demonstration, per your
requests. Then the Ladies Night Crew will be taking a break, no Ladies Night
in August! Mark your calendars for September   the Ladies Night Crew will be
back with new themes and ideas! Looking forward to seeing everyone on
Saturday!

Here's how to join our Affiliate's Zoom:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile

tell: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

Chapter Information:

Eastern Shore Chapter

Althea Pittman

Phone: 757-787-3853

E-mail: vaescil at gmail.com <mailto:vaescil at gmail.com>

Contact the chapter for current meeting times.

Chesapeake Bay Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Fourth Saturday from 11 AM to 1:30 PM, at the Gus and
George's Spaghetti and Steakhouse, 4312 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach,
23452.

Virtual Meeting Information: None, in person only.

Fairfax Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Third Thursday from 7 to 8:30 PM, virtual meetings only.

Virtual Meeting Information: Uses the Affiliate's Zoom

Greater Alexandria Chapter

Chapter meeting:  Fourth Thursday of most months from 7 to 9pm.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Greater Williamsburg Chapter

Chapter meeting: First Saturday of each month

>From 1 to 3 PM at the James City Rec. Center,5301 Long Hill Road,
Williamsburg, 23188.

Virtual Meeting Information:

Peninsula Chapter

Chapter meeting:   Third Saturday of the month from 11:30 to 1 PM, Faith
Community Church, 657 Harpersville Road, Newport News, 23601

Virtual Meeting Information:  Phone 605-475-4825 passcode, 549778#.

Potomac Chapter

Chapter meeting:     Second Wednesday of each month from 7 to 8:30 PM.

Virtual Meeting Information:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6025022255

Meeting ID: 602 502 2255

One tap mobile +13017158592,,6025022255 <tel:%20+13017158592,,6025022255>

Prince William Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month, from 2 to 3PM.

Virtual Meeting Information:   Phone 605-313-5562 passcode, 293383.

We occasionally meet at Bar Louie, 15001 Potomac Town Place, Woodbridge,
22191, follow this weekly announcement to learn when we will be in person.

Richmond Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Fourth Monday of the month from 6:30-8:30 PM in the
assembly room of the Administrative Activities Building at VDBI, 401 Azalea
Ave. Richmond 23227.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Tidewater Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month from 2PM to 3:30PM

Virtual Meeting Information:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3661685508?pwd=a2RwY0o5TWVIa2xBbDBPSEJzL0l2QT09

Meeting ID: 366 168 5508
Passcode: 21211955
One tap mobile
 <tel:%20+13017158592,,3661685508#,,,,*21211955>
+13017158592,,3661685508#,,,,*21211955# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

Winchester Chapter

Chapter meeting:    Third Saturday of the month from 10 AM to 11:30 AM at
Sollenberger True Value Hardware, 832 Berryville Ave., Winchester, 22601.

Virtual Meeting Information: Uses Affiliate Zoom.

At-Large Chapter

Chapter meeting:   Third Tuesday of the month from 8 PM to 9 PM, August
through May, with a face to face reception held during state convention.

Designed to meet the needs of Virginians who do not live near a local
chapter.

Virtual Meeting Information:  Uses affiliate zoom.

Seniors Division

Chapter Meeting: Fourth Wednesday the month from 7 PM to 9 PM

Virtual information: Uses Affiliate's zoom

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what
you did but people will never forget how you made them feel. -Maya Angelou

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

RISE/Silver Bells Outreach Coordinator

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want