[NFBV-Announce] Information you can use...

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 02:24:04 UTC 2023

Hey NFB Family and Friends,

Here's another addition of Information you can use. If you come across any
articles or information of interest to our members, please email it to me
for posting. Thanks!

***IMPORTANT SAVE THE DATE***!  PLEASE JOIN US!!!

                VIENNA VIP RESOURCE GROUP is hosting

                         Dr. Suleiman Alibhai OD,

                      LOW VISION SERVICES PLC. on

                Monday, March 27, 2023 @ 2PM - 4PM at the

                    Patrick Henry Library Conference Room

                           101 Maple Ave. Vienna VA

Dr. Alibhai truly needs no introduction for most of us in the Low Vision
Community, as he is a "rockstar" to Low Vision in the DC Metropolitan Area.
But for the benefit of those who may not know him personally yet, we
encourage you to come see and meet him!

Dr. Suleiman Alibhai OD completed his optometric training at the University
of Houston College of Optometry in 1991. He then pursued a fellowship in low
vision rehabilitation at the Lions Low Vision Research and Rehabilitation
Center at Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute. He has been practicing low
vision rehabilitation in the Washington DC area since 1993, and eventually
set up Low Vision Services, PLC in 2008, practicing out of three office
locations; Alexandria, VA, Bethesda, MD and Washington DC.

Please mark your calendars!  You won't want to miss this opportunity to
listen to Dr. Alibhai's wealth of knowledge and wise, empowering
explanations of low vision and legal blindness and many of the compensatory
mechanisms that help keep us independent and high functioning!

You will find a Zoom link below, to "LISTEN ONLY" to our speaker. There will
be NO option to participate with questions or comments virtually.  We
apologize, but the logistics are too difficult to have you participate on
zoom with the acoustics in our conference room. We really hope to see most
of you IN PERSON! Please note the Zoom option is subject to our ability to
connect to Wi-Fi at the library. Assuming we can connect, the Zoom room will
be opened at approximately 2:10 so that Zoom participants can hear the
speaker but not the noise of people getting settled.

Looking forward to seeing you all this Monday!

All the best,

Ann Koch

John Cox

Rachel Schreiman

VIP Vienna

#########

Rachel Schreiman is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Vienna VIP Zoom Meeting

Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82471264970?pwd=TURKM3g3WWNxUEZ3T3JQMG5WWmFjdz09

Meeting ID: 824 7126 4970

Passcode: 54321

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,82471264970# US (New York)

+16469313860,,82471264970# US

Dial by your location

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

        +1 646 931 3860 US

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

Meeting ID: 824 7126 4970

Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbAvmTnOaA

Feel free to share with your networks!

We would like to thank Andy Burstein with Accessible Pharmacy for joining us
for a presentation for all about the services in which Accessible Pharmacy
offers! Below is more information about Accessible Pharmacy  and above my
signature is a direct link to listen to the National Federation of the Blind
of South Carolina podcast!

Medical errors are the 3rd leading cause of death in the USA!

below is that "we are able to show aggregate outcome improvements of 33%!"
We are actually in the process of developing a study with a government
agency to formally document the outcome inc\provmenets but we're not ready
yet. (we actually think the number may be higher!)

Patient Education & Support

Medication Management

Diabetes Management

Clinical Pharmacist Consultation & Access

Genomic Testing

Extreme Simplification

Cost Containment

We built our company by launching Accessible Pharmacy Services for the
Blind: a comprehensive, home delivery pharmacy service specializing in the
needs of the blind, DeafBlind and low vision community and their families.
We were founded by blind and sighted experts in the areas of accessibility,
technology and medicine and we are the only provider of its kind.

We do everything for you: we will coordinate all of the details with your
doctor and insurance provider including helping to keep costs as low as
possible. Simply call us for a free consultation to see if we are a good fit
for you.

In 2023, we are expanding and launching Accessible Pharmacy Services for
refugees to assist refugee settlement experts provide medication management
solutions to refugees. Refugees across the country will be able to improve
their health outcomes and live healthier lives.

Accessible packaging, home delivery & labeling options are all FREE!

We work with our patients to try different packaging solutions in order to
maximize compliance and the healthcare benefits. Prescription medications
can be combined with over-the-counter medication, vitamins and supplements
including The Accessible Pharmacy Brand.

Presorted in a disposable pill organizer with weekly or monthly options.

Individual packets - just like Pill Pack

ScripTalk

WayTag

Braille labels

Large font labels

Easy to open bottles for people with mobility issues, Parkinson's or
Arthritis

https://www.accessiblepharmacy.com/about-us/

The National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina invites you to
subscribe to our podcast and listen to the wonderful information in which we
have for you. If you have any suggestions, please send the Steve Cook at
cookcafe at sc.rr.com <mailto:cookcafe at sc.rr.com> .

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/national-federation-of-the-blind-of-
south-carolina/episodes/Accessible-Pharmacy-e20qc80

Steve Cook

If you would like to join the Computer Science & Technology Division for the
NFB of SC list serve, please send a message to
<mailto:SC-cstd-subscribe at nfbnet.org> SC-cstd-subscribe at nfbnet.org

National Association of Guide Dog Users Board Member

President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of SC

1st Vice President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of SC

1st Vice President of the SC Association of Guide Dog Users Division

Peace,

Jacki Bruce

RISE/Silver Bells Outreach Coordinator

 <mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com> mailto:jackibruce6 at gmail.com
 <tel:(757)291-1789> tel:(757)291-1789
 <http://www.nfb.org/> www.nfb.org
 <http://www.nfbv.org/> www.nfbv.org

together to help blind people live the lives they want