[NFBV-Announce] Shaping the Return on Your Investment

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 04:38:24 UTC 2023

You remember Einstein's parable on quantum insanity?

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different
results."

Here's the thing, conventions, state and national, are only going to get
more expensive to attend. In Virginia you won't feel the immediate impact
right away, because when I negotiated 2023 and 2024, I locked us into a
two-year deal where the rates you paid this fall will be the same rates you
pay next fall, but we're very likely going to be paying more in 2025. When
that hike comes, you want to make sure your participation is worth the
impact on your wallet.

Sure, there's Federation spirit, power of the movement, but I'm engaging you
in a little straight talk here. If the convention goes up in price, you
should want to have a hand in shaping the programming to make it easier to
digest the higher expense.

All of this to say, if you have not filled out the post convention survey,
take a moment to do so now. Otherwise we have to work on the assumption that
the way things have always been done is good enough, and hey, if it is, then
it is, but at least you contributed your opinion.

The survey will ask for your name and email; however, these fields are
optional if you would like your opinions to remain anonymous. It'll take
less than five minutes. If you could tackle this before this Friday,
November 24, we would be ever so grateful.

https://nfbv.org/survey

Please speak up!

Joe

--