[NFBV-Announce] NFBV23: We need you in Williamsburg, Virginia (November 2-5)

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 14:07:19 UTC 2023

Charting Our Course: Navigating together Towards Success

We have planned what we believe will be the best, most exciting National
Federation of the Blind of Virginia state convention ever. Yet, we need you
to be present at the convention so it can move from really good to great.
Over the next 12 days, we will be highlighting details each day in a count
down towards our October 12 deadline for hotel reservations and reduced cost
registration.

Our General Sessions and the banquet have dynamic speakers who will inspire
you based on their life stories or update you on the important work we are
doing together to eliminate barriers and help us chart our course to
success. We focus on creating a fun and warm community where you will be
welcome.

Please join the many concurrent programs and chart your own path.

Our Friday and Saturday afternoon seminars will provide interactive,
hands-on programming you will not be able to get anywhere else. There are
many choices on Friday and Saturday afternoon and it is not possible to
provide these programs to virtual participants. For the full engaging
interactive experience, you've got to be in the room where it happens.

Friday afternoon:

A.	An outstanding exhibit hall and low vision resource fair
B.	Leadership Development training
C.	Getting to your destination: How O&M and Tech can help you navigate
on your journey
D.	First Aid classes taught by blind people for blind people. Only 20
people can participate in this course so secure your spot by contacting
Christine Grassman at cfgrassman at icloud.com <mailto:cfgrassman at icloud.com>
E.	Accessible Colonial Williamsburg Tours
F.	Resources and community for blind and low vision veterans
G.	Setting our organizational path through resolutions

Saturday afternoon:

A.	Lunch programs for parents of blind Children, younger students,
older students, seniors, merchants, and   everyone else in our community
B.	Seniors Programming with hands on sessions and interactive workshops
C.	A hands-on self-Defense course designed for the blind by the blind.
Book your spot in one of 2 limited capacity classes by emailing
ngreenseed at gmail.com <mailto:ngreenseed at gmail.com>
D.	Your Path to Job Success Seminar
E.	Mastering Effective Debate for Self-Advocacy
F.	A Blind lawyer's guide to the legal profession
G.	Connect with the Community of Blind Parents
H.	Attend our Sighted Partners Session
I.	Join us for our Welcome to Your First Convention Event
J.	Participate in the exciting Youth Track

There are difficult choices because we are offering many programs exclusive
to in person participants.

We have attached the complete convention agenda.

So far, convention registration has been brisk, and this is incredibly
exciting. You need to act before the evening of October 12 to get your
registration completed and your hotel reservation booked before our hotel
block expires in the evening of October 12. With our $92++ per night  hotel
rate, we expect the hotel will not allow for reservations after the October
12 deadline so get your reservations at the Doubletree Williamsburg now.

All the details on the convention including hotel information,
transportation details, and online registration can be found at:

https://nfbv.org/convention

We certainly welcome virtual participants but hope you might consider
joining us in person.

We are so excited to be with you in Williamsburg.

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want