[NFBV-Announce] 1st list of Auction Items is here!

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 17:34:35 UTC 2023

From: Rene Valdez

Hey Everybody!  Get your hammer!  It's time to crack open those piggy banks!
The 2023 NFBV Action Auction is almost here!  Our Auction Committee Members
have been working hard, beating the bushes for fabulous donations and we are
proud of this list you all have contributed to!  No stress, people!  All of
these items will be fair game at the Convention!  Bring your pennies, dimes,
dollars.HECK!  Better grab that credit card!  You won't want to miss out on
these spectacular items!!

If you still have items you want to donate to the Auction, please enter your
item on our website by clicking this link:  http://www.nfbv.org/auction  The
deadline for donations is Thursday, October 26, 2023.   Remember!  All
proceeds go to our wonderful Silver Bells Program!  Dig deep, people!

Questions should be directed to Jacki Brown,
jacquelinestonebrown at comcast.net <mailto:jacquelinestonebrown at comcast.net>
Or Renee Valdez, reneerome at yahoo.com <mailto:reneerome at yahoo.com>

Scroll down and have fun shopping!  And.See you at the 2023 NFBV State
Convention!

#

 ITEM TITLE

DESCRIPTION

FAIR MARKET VALUE

MINIMUN STARTING BID

DONOR

1

Dinner for Six at Chez Sharon

A gourmet dinner for 6 people at the Soforenko household awaits you. The
finest in Modern American dining and superior wait service. Your meal will
include excellent wine pairings and a delicious dessert, plus homemade fudge
to bring home! Ask your friends about last year's remarkable evening.

$300 per person

$100 per person

Tracy & Sharon Soforenko

2

Retro Style Glass Candleholders

>From Pottery Barn, a set of unique candle holders, made of green glass in a
retro-vintage style. These unique candle holders are heavy glass, and would
match any decor.

$25

$15

Tracy and Sharon Soforenko

3

Set of Four Beautiful Pillows from

Crate and Barrel

Decorate your home with 4 beautiful throw pillows from Crate and Barrel. The
pillow have a striped pattern of red, green, and brown - perfect colors for
all and winter. Pillows would look great on couches or chairs.

$80

$40

Tracy and Sharon Soforenko

4

Tapestry Jewelry Box

A very special jewelry box to hold your jewelry! This rectangular shaped
jewelry box is made of wood, with a fabric tapestry print lid. The inside
has well-designed compartments for rings, necklaces, earrings, and
bracelets.

$40

$20

Tracy and Sharon Soforenko

5

Make Your Home Cozy for Winter

Beautiful set of 4 pillows and 2 throw blankets. 2 Pillows (from Crate and
Barrel) are a beautiful textured maroon color, with 2 matching wool throws
in maroon color (from Crate and Barrel. Set also includes 2 coordinating
floral print pillows.

$120

$60

Tracy and Sharon Soforenko

6

Unique Owl Beverage Mugs (set of 4)

This set of 4 owl mugs feature a cute print of a pair of owls, with a quote
that says, Owl Love You Forever. The mugs are oversized (16 ounces) and can
hold a large serving of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.

$40

$20

Tracy and Sharon Soforenko

7

Small Travel Backpack with Colorful Design of  Hotel Travel Logos

This unique backpack is printed with a colorful design of travel logos from
various hotels around the world. The backpack is made of a synthetic
material, with lots of zippers to keep items safe. This backpack would be
great for everyday use or travel. The manufacturer of the backpack is a
well-known company called Sydney Love.

$65

$30

Tracy and Sharon Soforenko

8

Two Framed Art Prints Showing

Abstract Tree

This set of two framed prints features an abstract painting of a tree in
each print. The tree colors in each print include gray, gold, light blue,
and turquoise. The frame is black. Each print is approximately 16 inches by
20 inches. These prints would match many decors (since the colors are
neutral) and would also make a great holiday gift.

$70

$35

Tracy and Sharon Soforenko

9

Set of 3 Sculpted Metal Pillar

Candle Holders

This set of 3 metal candle holders would make a great table centerpiece.
These black metal candleholders have a modern sculpted design, and can hold
a pillar candle. Each candleholder is a different height.

$70

$35

Tracy and Sharon Soforenko

10

Cat laser to keep your cat

entertained

This laser is sure to entertain your cat, gerbil or other furry friend
entertained for hours. It rolls around and your pet chases it as it moves.

$25

$15

Sarah Blumberg

11

Pashmina Scarf (White)

This beautiful white pashmina scarf has musical notes woven into the fabric;
it's a perfect gift for someone who loves music!

$50

$25

Tracy and Sharon Soforenko

12

Set of 2 Puppets and 2 Dolls from

Bali

Imported all the way from Bali - a set of 2 wooden puppets and 2 dolls. Both
the puppets and dolls feature very colorful costumes and beautifully painted
facial expressions. This set also includes a traditional Bali face mask with
intricate painting.

$100

$50

Tracy and Sharon Soforenko

13

Unique Jewelry from Bali (set

of 8 items)

Authentic jewelry from Bali. This set includes 5 different pendants,
designed with stone, set in silver, that can be worn with a silver chain as
a necklace (note: silver chain is not included). The set also includes
silver earrings (1 set), one cuff bracelet, and one jade necklace.

$200

$80

Tracy and Sharon Soforenko

14

They're back! Chef Christopher's

famous No Bake Cookies!

These are definitely my childhood memory, and I love them. Chef Christopher
decided to make his own and wanted to share. I've enjoyed doing these for
the last few years for our auction to raise money.  Don't miss out on these
delicious, scrumptious no bake cookies. There will be 2 to 3 dozen cookies.

$75

$30

Christopher Walker

15

Snowflake Treats

1 Large rectangular container filled with delicious cookie clusters of
pretzels, peanuts, cashews, and corn and rice Chex mix covered in
yummalicious white chocolate!

$25

$15

Becky Keller

16

Snowflake Treats

1 Large rectangular container filled with delicious cookie clusters of
pretzels, peanuts, cashews, and corn and rice Chex mix covered in
yummalicious white chocolate!

$25

$15

Becky Keller

17

6 Bottles of Fine Red Wine

Item

For this Fall Festival bid on these 6 bottles of red wine.  A Merlot(1),
Malbec(2), Cabernet(2), and Pinot Noir (1).  All bottles cost between $14
and $18/bottle.  Bid and Enjoy the Fruit of the Vine! (Comes in a 6 bottle
carrying bag.)

$100

$50

Jacki Brown

18

Charlie Brown's Perkins original

braille writer

Here's your chance to get Charlie Brown's original Perkins braille writer.
It comes in a hard carrying case. Don't miss out on this opportunity.

Charlie was our pass state president for 26 years.

$500

$100

Winchester chapter on behalf of Charlie Brown

19

Handcrafted NFB quilt

Handcrafted by Michelle Smith from SNC quilts. A one of a kind may just for
us. The quilt measures 53 inches wide and 72 inches long. The logo in the
middle is the round circle with the stick figures of blind people and the
colors of blue, green and orange-which represent our colors. At each corner
they have the following quotes:

"Live the life you want"

"Blindness is not what holds you back"

"With love hope and determination"

"Turn your dreams into reality"

$200

$50

Winchester Chapter

20

Handcrafted NFB quilt

Handcrafted by Michelle Smith from SNC quilts. A one of a kind may just for
us. The quilt measures 53 inches wide and 72 inches long. The logo in the
middle is the round circle with the stick figures of blind people and the
colors of blue, green and orange-which represent our colors. At each corner
they have the following quotes:

"Live the life you want"

"Blindness is not what holds you back"

"With love hope and determination"

"Turn your dreams into reality"

$200

$50

Winchester Chapter

21

Cat water fountain with extra filters

This small cat water fountain keeps your pet's water clean and fresh.  Comes
with extra filters. (more can be purchased easily.)

$30

$15

Sarah Blumberg

Renee Valdez