[NFBV-Announce] Safety features alert! Learn how to keep your I phone safe...

jackibruce6 at gmail.com jackibruce6 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 22:56:34 UTC 2024

From: Christine Grassman, President

Fairfax Chapter

               On Thursday, April 18, at the Fairfax Chapter's virtual
meeting via the affiliate Zoom from 7:00 to 8:30, join us around 7:30 for a
how-to and explanation of the iPhone's Stolen Device Protection features
which were unveiled with the release of iOS 17.3.

We will do our best to conclude by 8:00 this month for those who wish to
attend the latest Where the Blind Work webinar, highlighting blind
entrepreneurs (see registration details link after the agenda.)

Affiliate Zoom:

https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09

One tap mobile

tell: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

7:00: Welcome and Check-IN: New Members, Member News, etc.

7:10: March Meeting Minutes

7:15: Treasury Update, Pledges for Funds to be Announced at May 11 Board
Meeting: White Cane Fund, Jacobus tenBroek Fund, SUN Fund, Jernigan Fund,
NFB Camp.

7:25: PM: Stolen Device Protection On the iPhone: How To Access It, How it
Works:

Stolen Device Protection was added with iOS 17.03. If you have an iPhone
running the latest software, we will go over how to access this feature, and
discuss how it enhances the security of your iPhone and its content.

As promised, here is information and the link for registration for the:

NextWhere the Blind Work webinar taking place on Thursday April 18, 2024,
from 8:00 - 9:00 p.m., Eastern via Zoom. This webinar will feature blind
professionals who chose to embark on the path to entrepreneurship and now
successfully own and operate their own business. Our Panelists are:

*	Shelby Ball, BEP Owner and Operator, Georgia
*	J.J. Meddaugh, Owner and Operator of AT Guys, Michigan
*	William Ruffin, BEP Owner and Operator, Maryland

<https://nfb.org/programs-services/employment/where-the-blind-work-webinars-
registration/> Register for the Where the Blind Work Webinar to receive Zoom
details.

Christine

Peace,

Jacki Bruce