[NFBV-Announce] Agenda and location for the Monday (1/15 NFBV Board of Directors meeting and Richmond Seminar Prep session

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 02:49:17 UTC 2024

Hi Federation leaders,

Please find below the packed agenda for our Monday, January 15, 2024 Board
of Directors meeting. If you have anything additional to add to the agenda,
please reach out to me no later than Thursday (1/11) at Noon. Our meeting is
in the gymnasium in the DBVI Recreation Center as part of the Virginia
Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and Vision Impaired

While the board meeting is casual dress, the attire at the General Assembly
building for our Tuesday legislative appointments is business attire.
Remember, we are representing all blind people and the common clothing for
Men is a jacket and tie. If you are like me, I had to check to determine
which of my suits still fit.

National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV)

Meeting of the Board of Directors

Monday, January 15, 2024

We are conducting this meeting as an in-person meeting with no access via
Zoom.

1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.

Location: Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and Vision Impaired

Recreation Building

401 Azalea Avenue

, Richmond, VA 23227

I.	Call to order
II.	Roll call of Members and introduction of guests
III.	Reading & Approval of minutes from NFB of Virginia Business Meeting
November 5, 2023 - Sandy Halverson on behalf of Christine Grassman,
Recording Secretary
IV.	Treasurer's report - Mark Roane, Treasurer
V.	2024 National Convention

a.       Dates and location; July 3-8, Orlando, Florida at the Rosen Center

b.       Fundraising at the Virginia Table - Renee Valdez

c.	McDonald Fellowship / Jernigan Scholarship - Mary Durbin

V.	Reminder of the need to have chapter pledges to the following by the
May Board meeting:

a.	White Cane Fund
b.	Jacobus tenBroek Fund
c.	Shares Unlimited in the NFB (SUN)
d.	Jernigan Fund
e.	NFB Camp.

VII.	Administrative Matters

a.	Addressing Any Appearance of Conflict of Interest for individuals
receiving compensation from NFBV- Tracy Soforenko
b.	Upcoming Policy Updates
c.	Updating the Mileage Reimbursement Rate
d.	Additional matters

VIII.	Richmond Seminar Preparation

a.	2024 Legislative Priorities
b.	Team assignments - Stewart Prost
c.	Description of new General Assembly Building - Mark Roane

IX.	Programs

a.	Silver Bells Update - Sandy Halverson
b.	STEM2U and BELL Academy Update - Louise Walch
c.	Project RISE - Joe Orozco

X.	NFBV Committee Assignments and Reports

a.	Membership - Jacki Bruce
b.	NFB of Virginia James Nelson Scholarship - Jimmy Morris
c.	Public Outreach/Meet the Blind Month -Uricka Harrison and
d.	Communications - Teisha Gillespi

e.       Fundraising - Renee Valdez

f.        Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Renee Valdez

g.	Legislative - Bonnie O'Day

h.	Convention Operations & Logistics - Joe Orozco, Chair and Stewart
Prost Deputy Chair

X.	Divisions

a.	Students - Noah White
b.	Seniors - Patty Droppers
c.	Merchants - Yasiah Hurtado
d.	Virginia Parents of Blind Children - Tim Schmidt

Other business

XII.	Next Meeting, Saturday, May XX - Location TBD

Tracy Soforenko

President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

202 285-4595

 <mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com> Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfb.org> www.nfb.org

 <http://www.nfbv.org> www.nfbv.org

National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want