[NFBV-At-Large] ECarroll Zoom short course

Patrick Johnson patrickjohnson1015 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 15:10:45 UTC 2020

Group,

Here's a short course for people interested in learning more about Zoom.

Patrick

ZOOM SHORT COURSE (ECARROLL)
If you need a crash course on how to use Zoom, our three-hour Zoom
Short Course through eCarroll Remote Technology Instruction covers the
basics of hosting meetings as well as participating in meetings
convened by others. Using the Zoom Screen Share feature, our
instructors will be right there with you (albeit virtually) during
this fully hands-on training course.

COURSE DESCRIPTION
This three-hour training course covers the basics of both hosting
meetings and participating in meetings convened by others. It will be
conducted using the Windows 10 PC platform with JAWS or NVDA. Although
carried out remotely, use of the Zoom Screen Share feature ensures
that the training is fully hands-on.

Specific tasks covered during the course will include:

Participating in meetings.
Zoom menu overview and changing important settings.
Hosting meetings, including; scheduling meetings, preparing
invitations, and managing participants.
General feature overview, including; sharing screens, chatting,
raising hands and recording meetings.
Using the iPhone Zoom app for joining and participating in meetings.
Starting and ending meetings.
Prerequisites: basic knowledge of JAWS or NVDA screen readers.

ABOUT ECARROLL REMOTE TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTION
eCarroll Remote Technology Instruction brings technology training
directly to blind and visually impaired individuals in the comfort of
any location, whether it be in the home, workplace, or school setting.
We use Zoom Meeting, an easy-to-use and accessible video and web
conferencing software accessed by a link in an email, to offer
individualized instruction in a wide range of areas. All remote
trainees will need a computer with Windows 10 and a built-in
microphone, internet access, recent versions of JAWS (JAWS 18 and
newer) or NVDA and Microsoft 2016 or Office 365 for those topics.
Users should have at least beginner-level JAWS skills. If you do not
already have a Zoom account, instructors will help you create an
account and install the program on your computer. During the ongoing
pandemic, our technology training staff has gained significant
experience in conducting remote training. One of our staff members,
Heather Thomas, has even recently written a book on the topic,
entitled “Getting Started with Zoom Meetings: A Guide for JAWS, NVDA,
and iPhone VoiceOver Users.”

REGISTER FOR ZOOM SHORT COURSE
EVENT DETAILS
When: Wednesday, November 25, 2020