[NFBV-At-Large] Simplified "Smart" phone for the blind

Patrick Johnson patrickjohnson1015 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 21:40:55 UTC 2021

Group,

This phone may be of interest to users who do not need  all the
features of an iPhone or an Android.  While I think it will work with
phone networks in Virginia I am not positive.

News in Assistive Technology
MiniVision2 Cell Phone

Photo of MiniVision2 cell phone in charging stand.

The MiniVision2 is a simple cell phone for people with vision loss. If
the thought of dealing with all the functions that come with an iPhone
is overwhelming, this phone might be a good option. It is an
easy-to-use talking phone that takes care of all basic
telecommunications needs. The talking voice guide provides someone who
is blind with the ability to use every feature of the phone, and the
large tactile buttons allow users to navigate the phone with ease.
Users can place calls, send text messages, and more, with voice
commands. The phone only works on certain GSM networks, and you won’t
be able to get additional apps like you can with an iPhone. However,
if you want a basic phone with some extra functions like a money
reader, color identifier, alarm, calendar, notes, calculator, camera,
and weather, this could be the perfect phone for you. To learn more,
check out the following website at:
https://www.razmobility.com/solutions/minivision2/.

You can also watch a video at: https://youtu.be/z1MaWFQ39So.

Patrick